Original Posts that serve as Thread Summary: Editing privs on a case-by-case basis?

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

firefoxed

Original Posts that serve as Thread Summary: Editing privs on a case-by-case basis?

Unread post by firefoxed » 2017-11-28, 06:02

Hello @ wonderful mod team,

Post editing is restricted to a couple hours -- I understand the reasons.

In some cases, users make posts with the intention of editing the first post over time to incorporate and summarize the information provided by others in the thread discussion. In such cases, the thread can be more useful to readers if the author is allowed to edit the original post to keep the information up-to-date.

In these situations, can we request editing privs for that particular thread -- knowing that there is no guarantee it will be granted?

In my case, I would love to be able to maintain and improve this thread in order to make it a useful resource for the community going forward:
How to Migrate from Firefox to Pale Moon for Beginners and Old Hands

Thanks in advance for considering it! :coffee:

Peace,
firefoxed

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Original Posts that serve as Thread Summary: Editing privs on a case-by-case basis?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-28, 08:42

Unfortunately, phpBB doesn't allow per-post permissions to be set. The only way this is possible is if the user is question is given blanket permission to always edit posts (any post).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

firefoxed

Re: Original Posts that serve as Thread Summary: Editing privs on a case-by-case basis?

Unread post by firefoxed » 2017-11-28, 10:47

Thank you for explaining, @Moonchild.