Getting "the authenticity of the received data could not be verified" on accessing the PM website in PM Topic is solved

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Cassol

Getting "the authenticity of the received data could not be verified" on accessing the PM website in PM

Unread post by Cassol » 2017-10-22, 14:57

Today, I loaded https://www.palemoon.org/ and:
Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.palemoon.org was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
I got this in PM, but it's working as expected in Chrome, so I think the issue might be on my end. Unless, of course, the website suddenly decided that it hates every version that isn't the latest? ;) The error also applies to the addons website, but not to the forum :!:, which sounds like it might be important information somehow. If that matters, I'm still on 27.5.0 due to stuff I have open which I would lose on a browser restart (currently working on getting it all dealt with so that I can apply the update).

Any ideas?

Cassol

Re: Getting "the authenticity of the received data could not be verified" on accessing the PM website in PM

Unread post by Cassol » 2017-10-22, 15:04

Yes, of course, that's what I would expect. But knowing that doesn't help me fix the problem that I'm seeing, which is what I want to do. Sorry if that wasn't clear. :)

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Getting "the authenticity of the received data could not be verified" on accessing the PM website in PM

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-10-22, 15:05

It happened to me yesterday. A reload fixed it. Lately (but not often) it's been happening on a few sites I visit. A reload always fixes it (for me).

Cassol

Unread post by Cassol » 2017-10-22, 15:07

Tried reloads, including CTRL+F5, multiple times before posting, but still kept getting the error. Tried again now, just in case, but still nothing.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-10-22, 15:52

i find it odd that a reload would correct the error.If the data cannot be verified then it simply cannot be verified so a reloading of the site should not correct this.
Networking error perhaps.?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-10-22, 17:53

Off-topic:
Moonraker wrote:
i find it odd that a reload would correct the error.If the data cannot be verified then it simply cannot be verified so a reloading of the site should not correct this.
Maybe it was a different error I got then.

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2017-10-22, 18:22

Moonraker wrote: Networking error perhaps.?
I was thinking the same thing, but this example is a client-end example:
The connection to www.palemoon.org was interrupted while the page was loading.
In this case, sounds like you got disconnected in the middle of loading a web site.

Regarding Comcast, they seem to like doing planned outages at night. :(

Cassol

Unread post by Cassol » 2017-10-22, 18:41

In my case, I'm fairly sure it can't be the networking or the server itself because Chrome can access it just fine. On the other hand, it shouldn't be PM itself (my installation of it, to be more precise) because it's worked fine for every other website I've accessed recently. It seems to be the specific combination of my installation of PM with palemoon.org... minus the forum, which works fine for some reason.

It's just so... baffling. I have no idea how to even begin troubleshooting this case. :wtf:

EXCEPT NOW IT'S WORKING AND IT WASN'T JUST 5 MINUTES AGO WHEN I BEGAN WRITING THIS MESSAGE.

Just... what. My head asplode. :wtf:

I'm just going to blame solar flares or something... The hell...

I'm going to consider the issue solved. Sorry about the bother, everyone.

Cassol

Unread post by Cassol » 2017-10-23, 18:02

Okay.

What the hell. It's happening again. :wtf:

Solar flares seem to be at play here... :?