Addons site is "too wide" for 1024px wide screen, yet the rest of palemoon.org fits?

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

__NM64__
Lunatic
Lunatic

Addons site is "too wide" for 1024px wide screen, yet the rest of palemoon.org fits?

Unread post by __NM64__ » 2017-09-14, 01:06

I recently sort of "revived" my old 1024x600 EeePC netbook and noticed that addons.palemoon.org doesn't fit horizontally and requires a minimum resolution width of 1280px (at least with 100% zoom).

Now normally I would think "well ok, this netbook is almost 10 years old - I don't expect modern websites to cater to such devices", but the rest of palemoon.org (including the main homepage as well as forums.palemoon.org) seems to fit perfectly fine without any horizontal scrolling on resolutions with a width of only 1024px.

Therefore, I was wondering if this discrepancy in the minimum required horizontal resolution isn't a mistake rather than an intentional design choice? I mean, I would have expected all of palemoon.org to be designed around a minimum width of 1024px or 1280px rather than splitting the difference...

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Addons site is "too wide" for 1024px wide screen, yet the rest of palemoon.org fits?

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-09-14, 18:13

I noticed the same thing, too.
It doesn't resize when you narrow the width of your window. whereas other Pale Moon web sites do.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Addons site is "too wide" for 1024px wide screen, yet the rest of palemoon.org fits?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-14, 21:33

The add-ons site's layout is different because it has different needs for information in its design.
It can't be made as "fluid" as the main website because of the need to display specific type of information. Tobin has been in charge of that design in Phoebus. If you think this is an issue that must be addressed, it's best to raise it on the repo.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite