Clicking on left arrow does nothing inside forum Topic is solved

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Clicking on left arrow does nothing inside forum

Unread post by paulri » 2017-08-19, 15:33

Not sure if this should be moved to General Support forum or not. Mods feel free to move it if so desired.

When i am in this PM forum, I often find that after accessing different discussion threads in the same tab, that simply clicking the left arrow that is supposed to return me to the previous page, doesn't work. Often I have to click it three times, for it to take me back to the previous page.

In other forums, and across the interwebs in general, I don't notice this.

I have PM x64 current, and I restarted with addons disabled and still find that the problem persists.

Suggestions?
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Clicking on left arrow does nothing inside forum

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-19, 15:47

Suggestions: use the breadcrumb bar at the top or other on-page controls to navigate.
This is caused by the way the forum ads are loaded (it launches a separate request which counts as a history navigation step).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2017-08-19, 15:53

For any who might not know, simply right clicking on the left arrow key gives you the breadcrumbs feature, which is actually quicker if you have several pages that you want to go back to.

Thanks for the quick reply. At least now I can restart PM with my addons enabled (whew!). Wasn't sure how much longer I wanted to browse like that.

Moonchild wrote:Suggestions: use the breadcrumb bar at the top or other on-page controls to navigate.
This is caused by the way the forum ads are loaded (it launches a separate request which counts as a history navigation step).
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2017-08-19, 16:02

I see what you just did. You gave me one more reason to make a donation and enable my adblocker for this forum. ;)

Moonchild wrote:Suggestions: use the breadcrumb bar at the top or other on-page controls to navigate.
Paul