Pale Moon Start + Existing Start.me Account

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Firefairy

Pale Moon Start + Existing Start.me Account

Unread post by Firefairy » 2017-01-06, 08:11

I recently switched to Pale Moon, so please forgive me if this has already been answered- I didn't find anything when searching.

I apparently tried out Start.me at some point in the past, so when I log in to the very pretty Start page provided by Pale Moon, it becomes a very blah default page with a bunch of stuff I don't want. Is there any way to carry over at least the Pale Moon and Pale Moon Announcements widgets when I log in? They don't come up in the Widget Search list. I tried rebuilding them, but I don't have the same icons, and I haven't figured out (yet) how to get the announcements feed working. I am sure I can get the same basic information, but it would be nice if I could just copy the widgets or tell the site to use the Pale Moon start as the basis for a new page or something.

I did just try the "Find Pages of Interest" search. Is there any way to get the Pale Moon Start page listed there? That would solve the problem nicely. Similarly, you can apparently share a page; including a small widget with the link would be nice for people in my situation. :-)

Edit: I just figured out how to solve this for my own page, but a more official version of it would be good. :-) For anyone copying these steps, read them all, then use the link to skip some work.

I hit Customize, which apparently "signs in" as an anonymous user. Then I went to the little menu in the top left of the page, where the Start page was listed as a Personal Page. I selected that, then went to Share, and set it to Share with anyone who had the link. (The link thus made, to save other users these steps, was https://palemoon.start.me/p/WqdAge/start.) Copy link, sign in properly as myself, then I can use the link to see the Pale Moon Start page. The little dropdown menu at the top right of each Widget now includes the option Add To My Page, which lets me do precisely that, thus adding the spiffy versions of links and so on to my logged-in Start page.

Haven't figured out how to use the same background, but that wasn't something I really wanted anyway.

PhoxFyre

Re: Pale Moon Start + Existing Start.me Account

Unread post by PhoxFyre » 2017-01-19, 02:54

Visit the page (https://palemoon.start.me/) and use the star which should be in one of the corners to save that page