email alerts Topic is solved

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Merimaat

email alerts

Unread post by Merimaat » 2012-08-13, 19:54

forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this or if this is already done. Is it possible to get email alerts when new features are added and video tutorials? I know this might seem stupid, but with so many different features etc it is hard to know exactly what is what sometimes and I find it easier if I could watch something to explain them to me. Quite simply when a new version is done could a video link be done at the same time. Also I would like an English, English dictionary, not an American (USA) or so called British Dictionary as I spend half my time correcting the spellings it gives. - Sorry for being a pain.

lyceus

Re: email alerts

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-08-14, 04:22

Merimaat wrote:forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this or if this is already done. Is it possible to get email alerts when new features are added and video tutorials?
You can subscribe to RSS news for get the latest info about PaleMoon. As for the video tutorials, so far there are none resources for made that since most of the volunteers works in their free time. You can find some tutorials in text only in the forum.
Merimaat wrote:Also I would like an English, English dictionary, not an American (USA) or so called British Dictionary as I spend half my time correcting the spellings it gives. - Sorry for being a pain.
You can use this pagehttps://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefox/language-tools/ for test different dictionaries available. There is not a "plain vanilla English" dict, so you will need to use the old trick of trial an error for find the best for you.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-08-14, 04:39

lobocursor wrote:As for the video tutorials, so far there are none resources for made that since most of the volunteers works in their free time. You can find some tutorials in text only in the forum.
I can do those, just hit me up with stuff that is necessary, sometimes images are a bit easy to understand as well.

Merimaat

Unread post by Merimaat » 2012-08-15, 11:26

Thank you lobocursor I will try that, but I haven't found one yet and try the RSS feed as well. :D
Megaman thank you also for your reply. I was thinking of just a quick guide through things, like where things are options & bookmarks & a very quick introduction on addons that was all. Need not go into great detail, just the basics to get people started. Although I've been using Palemoon for quite sometime I get confused about where things are and a quick visual prompt would help. I do appreciate that this is done by volunteers and I give thanks to everyone involved :D

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-08-16, 02:00

Merimaat wrote:Where things are options & bookmarks & a very quick introduction on addons that was all.
There might be many videos on Firefox that resemble the same locations of things in Pale Moon. I tried but had many fails, (e.g. kids yelling when I am talking, etc.)

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-08-16, 05:14

megaman wrote:
lobocursor wrote:As for the video tutorials, so far there are none resources for made that since most of the volunteers works in their free time. You can find some tutorials in text only in the forum.
I can do those, just hit me up with stuff that is necessary, sometimes images are a bit easy to understand as well.
Okay, thank you for be a volunteer for this! :D