Mozilla has asked us to "police" this forum.

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Dave Moon

Re: Mozilla has asked us to "police" this forum.

Unread post by Dave Moon » 2016-10-07, 14:19

Matt A Tobin wrote:Alright, let me reiterate something.. Bad behavior does not justify bad behavior. Whomever it or they are who are going to Mozillazine to stir up drama.. I am asking you to stop. Also, everyone, please don't bitch, moan, complain, comment, explain, focus on, or shine a light upon Mozillazine.. Their forum and community is not our focus and shouldn't be yours as well..

That person has a bit of a point if you can get past the disdain and after a fashion..

Simple fact is Mozillazine != Mozilla and this is OFF TOPIC to this thread. This thread, which is about a thing that happened some time ago now is not about Mozillazine..

Basically, we should leave Mozillazine alone and as has been the general result, except when pushed, they can leave us alone..

Is that understood? Wonderful.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
It seems that they are beleaguering this though. I haven't visited MozillaZine since I was asked to remove my signature. I only knew about this pm when I checked my GMX account.

I am not deliberately stirring up drama, it just seems to be a feature there these days. It's definitely a tragedy, maybe tragi-black comedy.

It's a classic example of the paranoid behaviour there.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2016-10-08, 14:37

Why do you even go there when you're using PM?

Dave Moon

Unread post by Dave Moon » 2016-10-08, 16:34

Octopuss wrote:Why do you even go there when you're using PM?
A/ I've only been running PM a few weeks.

B/ I had no idea there was a war going on there.

C/ I rarely used MozillaZine anyway and only liked to keep up with what was happening with SeaMonkey which I also run.

D/ I had no idea that visiting MozillaZine in Pale Moon was against their rules, it isn't actually officially stated.

E/ I have not visited MozillaZine since I was asked to remove my signature, and have no intention of ever using MozillaZine again anyway. There's no point.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-08, 16:47

There is no war going on apart from a one-sided one (over there) that we are (very) unhappy about because it's filled with misinformation and general mistreatment of Pale Moon users. Unfortunately there's very little we can do about it, and starting some kind of feud is in nobody's interest.

I've asked before to avoid MozillaZine and the antics going on there on what is clearly stated on their site as being a "Mozilla advocacy site" as a topic here to prevent this getting out of hand. That very much includes not cross-posting your dealings in public here of what is between you as a MZ visitor and their staff.

Considering we've drifted from the original topic here to one that focuses on something else completely, I'm locking this thread which was primarily to inform our user base of what is explained in my original post here.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite