Your Search Engine website is down.

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: Lootyhoof, FranklinDM

User avatar
Fedor2
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 703
Joined: 2016-04-11, 01:26

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Fedor2 » 2020-09-01, 16:39

I try to do way what simply

I told that you did not help a little to do branding and other such stuff and i did all myself
and you call me the liar, why? You actually did not help, while you offered the help, but when asked for it in the first place did nothing.

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side
Posts: 7887
Joined: 2012-10-09, 19:37
Location: Space, maybe..

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-09-01, 16:48

As a matter of historic fact, you personally drug it out and never gave me a chance to do or contribute anything nor any direction to what you wanted. What you did you did do on your own.. A long time after the fact. LONG after most Windows XP discussion was discouraged here. Long after you and your people were told to go elsewhere. You are trying to fabricate a scenario where you instantly did this back in 2016/17 and not last year. Your deception knows no bounds.
Image
- Mars will never be free until the sands run red with Earther blood! -

Image

User avatar
Fedor2
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 703
Joined: 2016-04-11, 01:26

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Fedor2 » 2020-09-01, 21:46

That is become clearly now. Remember in the beginning i did not want to make separate project and Moonchild agreed with that.
Things where changed i was insisted to make branding, i did it willingly, when you told that i done it wrong i asked please help to do it right and that was all. So the deception was that i done without your so called help? Also you know i never directed other users to bother you with winxp stuff, what is it my fault if they bothered you any way?

User avatar
Tharthan
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff
Posts: 938
Joined: 2019-05-20, 20:07
Location: New England

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Tharthan » 2020-09-02, 05:14

Fedor2 wrote:
2020-09-01, 21:46
i never directed other users to bother you with winxp stuff, what is it my fault if they bothered you any way?
Did you make it abundantly clear initially that your project was your own, and was not the work of the Pale Moon team in any way?

If not, then why would you have assumed that users of your project wouldn't come to these forums for support? Because you eventually used slightly different branding? Well, it evidently wasn't different enough to dissuade people from thinking that it wasn't ultimately a shared project.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"The answer is in the past."NewTobinParadigm, 30 August 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 27909
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Moonchild » 2020-09-02, 07:47

Fedor2 wrote:
2020-09-01, 21:46
Remember in the beginning i did not want to make separate project and Moonchild agreed with that.
I agreed with it as a temporary measure because we all have limited time, on the condition that you'd fork it properly when you could and made it clear your efforts weren't official. Since then, we offered to help make it happen multiple times.
After that I've clearly communicated that you had to rebrand it because we were NOT happy with the influx of people on an unofficially branded New Moon on XP putting a lot of support pressure on our team because they were not aware it was a separate effort and we did not and could not support people who were on either (1) a modified variant undoing a number of changes and making other changes to force it compatible with XP which is no longer a consideration in our development, or (2) a kernel-hacked operating system that has never been supported.
Also, since we DO supply New Moon branding for unofficial builds in our tree (as a courtesy for people new to building!) it's easy for people to misconstrue unofficial builds as closely related to us (and at the very least using unpatched, official sources).
Fedor2 wrote:
2020-09-01, 21:46
i was insisted to make branding, i did it willingly, when you told that i done it wrong i asked please help to do it right and that was all.
You did it only after I applied pressure and both myself and Tobin made it abundantly clear that it couldn't continue. That was the whole reason for that ugly yellow and green face-moon thing to be born that was adopted briefly in the tree to push people using unofficial branding to do the right thing. Just asking had no effect.
Unfortunately your rebranding "efforts" feel more like an insult than anything else, too. From "Pale Moon" to "My Pale Moon" to "MyPal" is less than minimal effort. And i won't even start about the raccoon photo edit...

As for the help you offered us? If you're talking about the one self-interest video feature implementation that was done because you happened to not be able to play webm videos on a site important to you personally, then please don't inflate that to something more important than it was.


All that being said though, I don't want any more strife than there already is. I'd prefer if we can go forward without either project negatively impacting the other and as said that choice is yours. Both for you Фёдор, and roytam1. I've already explained before so I won't repeat myself here.
"negatively impacting" also includes making use of our servers and services without permission which, yes, is indeed considered abuse. There are a few options for you there, which I'm sure you can figure out yourself, and each will have its consequences.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose
Image

User avatar
Tharthan
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff
Posts: 938
Joined: 2019-05-20, 20:07
Location: New England

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Tharthan » 2020-09-02, 14:11

Off-topic:
Moonchild wrote:
2020-09-02, 07:47
that ugly yellow and green face-moon thing
Ah, yes. The official Pale Moon mascot. :D
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"The answer is in the past."NewTobinParadigm, 30 August 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

User avatar
Fedor2
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 703
Joined: 2016-04-11, 01:26

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Fedor2 » 2020-09-02, 15:33

I agreed with it as a temporary measure
Why you not pointed that in the first place, if i knew that it is a must i did to it more efforts and made quickly.
Unfortunately your rebranding "efforts" feel more like an insult than anything else
If so i did not want this, can anything be done to make you pacify?
From "Pale Moon" to "My Pale Moon" to "MyPal"
it is "Mypal" from the very start.
self-interest video feature implementation that was done because you happened to not be able to play webm videos on a site important to you personally
Does your browser not benefit from this too, if i be so selfinterest then i done nothing and not only about the video issue.
I'd prefer if we can go forward without either project negatively impacting the other
Sure, for example i can remove all links to your sites and put block to *palemoon* inside the code, but i think this is stupid idea at all, anybody can revert and build its own browser, or find another way to use your site. And what about chrome and firefox?

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side
Posts: 7887
Joined: 2012-10-09, 19:37
Location: Space, maybe..

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-09-02, 15:49

Stop lying and stop being ridiculous and for fuck sake stop using machine translation because it is a damned train wreak.

Moonchild can literally translate you better than this.
Image
- Mars will never be free until the sands run red with Earther blood! -

Image

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 27909
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Moonchild » 2020-09-02, 16:03

Oh, come on. really?
So now you want to rewrite history into a version that makes me the bad guy.
Fedor2 wrote:
2020-09-02, 15:33
Does your browser not benefit from this too
of course it does, so do the hundreds of other changes that have been made to improve web compatibility. Like I said though, don't inflate it to something it really isn't. If I had had time to spare when you brought it up, I'd have done it myself, but I defaulted to "patches welcome" because I didn't. the fact that you picked it up and not someone else does not "make right" everything else.
Fedor2 wrote:
2020-09-02, 15:33
can anything be done to make you pacify?
Absolutely, but...
Fedor2 wrote:
2020-09-02, 15:33
Sure, for example i can remove all links to your sites and put block to *palemoon* inside the code, but i think this is stupid idea at all, anybody can revert and build its own browser, or find another way to use your site. And what about chrome and firefox?
Not a response like that, when I indicate I want to move forward peacefully.

I think you don't understand the steps I'm considering and what consequences something like THAT will have. You won't have anything to continue your spinoff on if that's how hard you want to play it.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose
Image

User avatar
Fedor2
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 703
Joined: 2016-04-11, 01:26

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Fedor2 » 2020-09-02, 16:35

the fact that you picked it up and not someone else does not "make right"
what a problem with this do you have, i wanted to be helpful and nothing else.
think you don't understand the steps
Not undrestand not understand your always say like this, certainly some things i not understand, english not native for me at all, if you do not want explain clearly then it is nothing to do.

User avatar
Tharthan
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff
Posts: 938
Joined: 2019-05-20, 20:07
Location: New England

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Tharthan » 2020-09-02, 19:08

Fedor2 wrote:
2020-09-02, 16:35
Not undrestand not understand your always say like this, certainly some things i not understand
With all due respect, I get the impression that 95% of attempted communication between you and anyone on this forum is totally lost due to a lack of understanding on your part.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"The answer is in the past."NewTobinParadigm, 30 August 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

User avatar
Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 288
Joined: 2017-04-20, 21:25
Contact:

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Lunokhod » 2020-09-02, 21:20

The MyPal website blocks Pale Moon and Firefox, but allows Chromium access:
www.mypal-browser.org uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for mypal-browser.org (Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN)
And in Chromium the link to GitHub doesn't work.

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 27909
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Moonchild » 2020-09-02, 21:50

Since when is not knowing how to set up SSL the same thing as blocking? XD
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose
Image

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side
Posts: 7887
Joined: 2012-10-09, 19:37
Location: Space, maybe..

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-09-02, 22:21

And these are the people who are trusted to secure data on an insecure unsupported OS. People who can't even properly set up a secure website. The same people tinkering with code they don't understand just to run on Windows XP making several compromising changes in the process. The same people who came together in under 24 hours like a group of hackers and crackers to bypass safety measures on OUR servers and services.

This does all the explaining for me. No need to say much more. Will likely anyway.. but I don't NEED to. :clap:
Image
- Mars will never be free until the sands run red with Earther blood! -

Image

User avatar
Andrew Herbert
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 156
Joined: 2019-11-25, 21:46

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Andrew Herbert » 2020-09-02, 23:16

Chromium just redirects www.mypal-browser.org to mypal-browser.org. No big deal.

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side
Posts: 7887
Joined: 2012-10-09, 19:37
Location: Space, maybe..

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-09-02, 23:17

Connect at all costs and taking direct navigation out of your hands. However, that is a whole different discussion.
Image
- Mars will never be free until the sands run red with Earther blood! -

Image

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 27909
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Moonchild » 2020-09-02, 23:23

Off-topic:
Andrew Herbert wrote:
2020-09-02, 23:16
Chromium just redirects www.mypal-browser.org to mypal-browser.org. No big deal.
That's just wrong. If the server doesn't redirect you then the browser should do nothing. Another strike for Chrome.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose
Image

User avatar
Fedor2
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 703
Joined: 2016-04-11, 01:26

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Fedor2 » 2020-09-03, 17:04

The same people tinkering with code they don't understand just to
Do you want to say that you understand all browser code? Why are keep squirting of this i fully not understand, and you are wrong again the people are not the same at all, but thanks for point on the error on the mypal site i shall pass it to its owner. The code is opensource so anybody can tinker it whatever way want, and most part of it written not by you. Go to closedsource then.
Do i hurt you here i am sure not, you hurt yourself of this weird jealousy.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 320
Joined: 2012-05-17, 19:06

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Admin » 2020-09-03, 18:43

In the interest of conversational health on the forum, this topic is now closed.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 27909
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: Your Search Engine website is down.

Post by Moonchild » 2020-09-16, 08:49

In the interest of transparency: I was going to give MyPal/Feodor a month after my "the ball is in your court" post earlier in this thread to think about it, waiting for a normal answer, but it seems in lieu of giving an answer, he has now publicly announced his distinct animosity and removed all references to Pale Moon from his product. That is fine and his right, but that doubly means that any and all access to our infrastructure will henceforth be considered straight-up abuse and we will treat it as such, everywhere.
To all MyPal users: Please stop using our infra immediately. Update your browser to 28.13.0 which removes usage of and access to services you have thus far been using on our infrastructure. That includes the Pale Moon Sync service.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose
Image

Locked