signature of "New Tobin Paradigm" Topic is solved

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

laozi

signature of "New Tobin Paradigm"

Unread post by laozi » 2018-11-15, 12:33

Hello,
I find that the signature of "New Tobin Paradigm" is excessive and above all takes up a lot of space which is detrimental to a good and comfortable reading of the posts,
moreover it does not bring any added value ;)
to be continued...
cdt

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: signature of "New Tobin Paradigm"

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-11-15, 12:35

User Control Panel > Board Preferences tab > Edit Display options tab > Display signatures: > No
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2018-11-15, 12:37

Isengrim wrote:User Control Panel > Board Preferences tab > Edit Display options tab > Display signatures: > No
You have beaten me by a nanosecond ... just the time to find the path to such setting !
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-11-15, 12:44

Aww. You'll miss my important announcement! 8-)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

laozi

Unread post by laozi » 2018-11-15, 13:23

[b]Isengrim[/b] wrote:User Control Panel > Board Preferences tab > Edit Display options tab > Display signatures: > No
a big thank you for this trick I didn't know about :thumbup:
merci also to @Lucio Chiappetti

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-11-15, 15:33

you can just ask for a way to turn off signatures without mentioning any individual in particular.. now that is what i consider not having added value ;)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-11-15, 17:27

My entire signature takes up less vertical space than the Pale Moon signatures I made for people AND just about the same as the text in Moonchild's.

BUT since you are triggered..
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-11-15, 17:32, edited 3 times in total.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-11-16, 02:18

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:My entire signature takes up less vertical space than the Pale Moon signatures I made for people AND just about the same as the text in Moonchild's.

BUT since you are triggered..

Hahaha, now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are! :lol:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-11-16, 13:35

fillerup wrote:you can just ask for a way to turn off signatures without mentioning any individual in particular.. now that is what i consider not having added value ;)
I'd consider it an attack even if it wasn't a blatant personal attack on me. BUT since it is.. I really like how this person who has taken issue with me in the past because I dared respond to his thread, properly since Phoebus is my software, here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=20487 The result of course was he didn't get what he wanted and I subsequently went into self-imposed exile from the forums again to focus elsewhere.

Once again, because I became active again, I had the unmitigated gall to respond to one of his threads the other day, uhh here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20851 . Where he was questioning Pale Moon Release Engineering in releasing Language Packs ahead of a new version.. Which we have done since the Language Packs were moved to the Add-ons Site in order for the first run of the browser upon upgrade to pick them up or in semi-rare circumstances for them to be grabbed by normal extension AUS when applicable. Of course this was far more cut and dry than potential Phoebus features but of course it resulted in a decision long already made not being consistent with his wishes or world view.

Perhaps he is targeting me because he dare not target Moonchild him self and because I might go back into self-imposed exile again over his dissatisfaction. Mentioning me by name, though, been a while since someone created a thread specifically to get at me or anger me or get rid of me.. Couple of years in fact.

(EDIT: I forgot about the one about me when I was self-banned and couldn't defend my self here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19424 )

Now, attacking my freedom of expression (especially when reasonable) I don't take too kindly to that. Not then and not now. Especially since my particular form of expression, my signature image, does not violate any rules I am aware of and is no more "excessive" or "space taking" than many other signatures around here. As well as the fact that everyone's speech and expression has value.. To them selves, to others who may feel the same way, pure artistic expression. Not having value is this case is an opinion. Which in and of its self has value and should be respected even if not shared. I, however, disagree with his opinion.

What alarms me is it seems I am in store for more of this from him. Especially if I provide answers to his questions. Indeed, it sounds like a threat for further harassment. However, I will let you be the judge of that below.
laozi wrote:Hello,
I find that the signature of "New Tobin Paradigm" is excessive and above all takes up a lot of space which is detrimental to a good and comfortable reading of the posts,
moreover it does not bring any added value ;)
to be continued...
cdt
In conclusion, because that is how these kind of things are supposed to start the ending, I seriously suspect that this user will continue in targeted attacks and harassment toward me and may also target anyone who agrees with me, besides Moonchild of course because that would be exceedingly pointless from an Administration point of view.

Thank you for your time.

New Tobin Paradigm
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-11-16, 13:49, edited 9 times in total.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-11-16, 17:50

agreed with all that.. i also hope you continue to reserve your righteous anger only for those that deserve it :thumbup:

JSB2000

Unread post by JSB2000 » 2018-11-16, 18:44

I might go back into self-imposed exile again over his dissatisfaction
ROTFL

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-11-16, 18:45

You may want to read there viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14829&p=106669
Described another way how to remove signatures at once.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2018-11-16, 20:05

The following entry (in chrome\userContent.css) hides both the avatar and the signature.

Code: Select all

@-moz-document domain("forum.palemoon.org") {
.signature { display: none !important; }
.avatar { display: none !important; }
}

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-11-16, 20:51

You don't need a user chrome modification for hiding all avatars or all signatures. You can control the display of avatars, signatures, and more from your User Control Panel. If you want to block a specific user's avatar or signature, then you can look into more technical hacks.
Capture.png
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

laozi

Unread post by laozi » 2018-11-17, 12:08

Isengrim wrote:You don't need a user chrome modification for hiding all avatars or all signatures. You can control the display of avatars, signatures, and more from your User Control Panel. If you want to block a specific user's avatar or signature, then you can look into more technical hacks.
this option to hide the signature is only valid if I am connected to the forum with my login
what I'm looking for is a permanent suppression connected or not ;)
@riiis' solution doesn't work on my computer (win 7 32b)

in my "userChrome" file I have this line that works perfectly:
menuitem[label="Tout ouvrir dans des onglets"] { display: none !important }
Last edited by laozi on 2018-11-17, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-11-17, 12:53

laozi wrote:
Isengrim wrote:@riiis' solution doesn't work on my computer (win 7 32b)
Works here in win 7 64 bit.

You added the code to userContent.css and then restarted browser?

Edit: it also works as a userstyle in Stylem.
Last edited by doofy on 2018-11-17, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.

laozi

Unread post by laozi » 2018-11-17, 13:10

doofy wrote:
laozi wrote:
Isengrim wrote:@riiis' solution doesn't work on my computer (win 7 32b)
Works here in win 7 64 bit.
You added the code to userContent.css and then restarted browser?
yes, but it doesn't work,
this is my userChrome:
menuitem[label="Tout ouvrir dans des onglets"] { display: none !important }
@-moz-document domain("forum.palemoon.org") {
.signature { display: none !important; }
}

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-11-17, 13:18

But you don't want it in userChrome.css.

You want it in userContent.css.

laozi

Unread post by laozi » 2018-11-17, 13:27

doofy wrote:But you don't want it in userChrome.css.
You want it in userContent.css.
a big thank you for this tip, I didn't know this file "userContent.css", so I created it and everything is OK,
Again, thank you. :thumbup: :clap:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-11-17, 18:49

Hello,
I find that the avatar image of "Laozi" (point d’ironie) is inappropriate and above all is detrimental to a good and comfortable climate on this forum; moreover it does not bring any added value ;)
I felt it was important to make a public post about this since the user in question found it similarly necessary to do so about someone's signature used.
to be continued...
MC
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite