Why (OH WHY!) was the thread about NoScript locked???

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderator: satrow

User avatar
tlaloc77
Moonbather
Moonbather
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 30 Nov 2015, 20:15
Location: Germany

Why (OH WHY!) was the thread about NoScript locked???

Postby tlaloc77 » Tue, 15 May 2018, 13:42

Now that useful information about the alternatives got collected! And no explanation (so one could avoid this in the future)!

@Admin: That was a mean move, especially without giving an explanation. I have to express my disapproval! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

User avatar
Moonraker
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2015, 23:02
Location: Lincolnshire.UK.

Re: Why (OH WHY!) was the thread about NoScript locked???

Postby Moonraker » Tue, 15 May 2018, 13:47

tlaloc77 wrote:Now that useful information about the alternatives got collected! And no explanation (so one could avoid this in the future)!

@Admin: That was a mean move, especially without giving an explanation. I have to express my disapproval! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

It was pretty much clear why the thread was locked and it was explained in one of the multitude of threads about this.It was locked so multiple threads about the same issue do not keep appearing on the forum and you yourself have inadvertently created another one and it just floods the forum with unneeded threads.
I think the status about noscript has been clarified and further discussion is futile.
Linux Lite 3.6 64bit.
Pale moon 27.9.0

User avatar
tlaloc77
Moonbather
Moonbather
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 30 Nov 2015, 20:15
Location: Germany

Re: Why (OH WHY!) was the thread about NoScript locked???

Postby tlaloc77 » Tue, 15 May 2018, 14:16

Moonraker wrote:It was pretty much clear why the thread was locked and it was explained in one of the multitude of threads about this. It was locked so multiple threads about the same issue do not keep appearing on the forum

Wasn't that one meant to be the collection of all threads about NoScript? If you lock that one, anyone who wants to post something about it has no other choice than to create a new thread - so you achieve the opposite of what you (claim to) want. Congrats. :thumbdown:
And since all other threads were locked in favor of the collection thread, the reason to lock it was not clear at all. :thumbdown:

Moonraker wrote:and you yourself have inadvertently created another one and it just floods the forum with unneeded threads.

How did I do that and where is it? I just searched for "NoScript" suspecting that I inadvertently created a new thread by changing the title of one post within the collection, but AFAICT that didn't create a new thread. If I made mistake, I'd like to get it pointed out so I can avoid doing it again.

Moonraker wrote:I think the status about noscript has been clarified and further discussion is futile.

The "status about noscript", yes.
What about the alternatives?
Would you rather like a new thread for each of the alternatives, to discuss how to configure them so they will do what NoScript did?
Because that's what's going to happen now, since the other option (keeping it all together) is now locked.

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 21001
Joined: Sun, 28 Aug 2011, 17:27
Location: 58.5°N 15.5°E
Contact:

Re: Why (OH WHY!) was the thread about NoScript locked???

Postby Moonchild » Tue, 15 May 2018, 17:57

Might have been because it was marked solved by several people and unmarked again because people just couldn't leave it open and used it to draw attention to THEIR post. So it was manually marked solved by me on one of the staff posts.
Maybe that had the side effect of locking it unintentionally.

phpbb extensions aren't bug-free either.

It's been unlocked again. carry on.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.


Return to “Forum and website”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests