UnMht not Loading Pale Moon but will open Waterfox Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

finian

UnMht not Loading Pale Moon but will open Waterfox

Unread post by finian » 2017-06-11, 15:39

I am using the latest version of Pale Moon. I use UnMht to enable me to trace saved documents by inserting the URL as a footnote. The latest update to version 27 meant I had to click to different settings in options in order to insert this URL. Waste of time.

However, the main problem is that whilst I can save as UnMht if I click on the file I have saved in Explorer and try to open it it firstly says it is not recognised and then when I right click and select Pale Moon it just keeps on cycling for want of a better word and will not open. In other words it will not open in Pale Moon if I then select Waterfox or any other derivative the saved unMht file in Explorer will open successfully with the URL embedded in it so I can go to the original source document as well. Any advice on how to overcome this problem of opening unMHt files in Pale Moon from Explorer would be appreciated.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: UnMht not Loading Pale Moon but will open Waterfox

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-11, 15:48

You could try to use the extension MozArchiver instead. You may need to install in a clean profile before installing though, as some users have reported issues if the profile had an MHT-related add-on installed previously.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: UnMht not Loading Pale Moon but will open Waterfox

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-06-12, 15:04

I use an edited version of UnMHT 7.3.0.5.1-signed (in addition to MozArchiver) - and they've each worked fine in Pale Moon, both independently and together. If you'd care to modify the file, please see this post and following for instructions by some other users.

As @Lootyhoof mentioned, you may need to install to a fresh profile - I had to do so for both of these extensions.