Enhanced Steam?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

kelendral

Enhanced Steam?

Unread post by kelendral » 2017-06-04, 00:25

Any chance someone smarter than I can fork the Firefox version of Enhanced Steam?
Here is the Github for the Firefox version:
https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam_Firefox

The workaround listed on the Known Incompatible Addons page of using Moon Tester Tool to install SuperSteam doesn't work because SuperSteam no longer works. It was broken in several areas when 27.1 came out and has gotten worse over the past few months.

For the past few days it is full stop broken with even the price history not working.

It hasn't been updated since October 2016, and the website has been unavailable.

Thanks.

kelendral

Re: Enhanced Steam?

Unread post by kelendral » 2017-06-06, 13:50

Are there any other workarounds?

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2017-06-07, 18:44

What is this and what does it do?

kelendral

Unread post by kelendral » 2017-06-07, 22:14

Octopuss wrote:What is this and what does it do?
If an image is worth a thousand words, this page has a few thousand: http://www.enhancedsteam.com/screenshots/

As to what it does, make using Steam's websites more functional.
Example store pages, marketplace, etc all get price history, current lowest price (and where)(the absolute most important feature to me). Regional price difference listing (useful when trading).
Better coloring of owned/wishlisted items.
Better coloring of several other items.
Improved and added sort options on many store pages and search result sets.
Additional external information about games right on the store page from sites like Metacritic, WideScreenGaming, TimeToComplete, AchievementStats.
Better friend management and more options on profile pages including links to external site such as Steamrep.

Such an essential item I'm at the point of deciding if I need to roll back to my pre-27-upgrade profile and app folders.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-08, 00:02

kelendral wrote:Such an essential item I'm at the point of deciding if I need to roll back to my pre-27-upgrade profile and app folders.
If it's that essential then what you are probably looking for is a dedicated setup for your Steam trading.
Instead of rolling back to an unmaintained version, you can also get a portable version of v26.* and install what you need there, dedicated to your Steam trading. That way the rest of your browsing remains secure.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite