Expose Noisy Tabs add-on blocks video play Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Expose Noisy Tabs add-on blocks video play

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-03-07, 09:10

The Pale Moon Expose Noisy Tabs 0.7.1 worked in PM 26, but blocks the video play for this Reuters website in the current PM 27.1.2 build.

If I disable the Expose Noisy Tabs add-on the video controls will appear and work when hovering video but nothing happens if the add-on is enabled.

Any suggestions?

As I understand it, this add-on is supposed to work in both PM 26 and PM 27 since the add-on page states "Expose Noisy Tabs version 0.7.1 works with Pale Moon 25.0 to 27.*" (it would be nice for this add-on to work in the current PM 27.1.2 release since it has been helpful while it worked in previous PM releases).

For anyone who uses this Expose Noisy Tabs 0.7.1 add-on, do you have the same issue using PM 27.1.2 with this webpage that I have?
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2017-03-07, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Expose Noisy Tabs add-on blocks video play

Unread post by trava90 » 2017-03-07, 09:19

Can't confirm. The main video plays for me regardless of whether Expose Noisy Tabs is enabled or disabled.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-03-07, 09:54

Thanks for the reply, okay with the idea in mind another add-on is impacting my issue in combination with "Expose Noisy Tabs", I've disabled all add-ons that do any active blocking of websites; uMatrix, uBlock, Disconnect, NoScript all disabled, but I get the same results. Video plays with "Expose Noisy Tabs" disabled and fails to play when "Expose Noisy Tabs" is enabled.

My add-ons are (disabled add-ons noted below for test):
Cookie Keeper 1.9.2
Cookie Exterminator 2.8.0
Copy Plain Text 2 1.6
Decentraleyes 1.3.7-Pale Moon
Disconnect 3.15.3.1-signed (DISABLED)
Expose Noisy Tabs 0.7.1 - (VIDEO PLAYS WHEN DISABLED, DOES NOT WHEN ENABLED)
FEBE 8.3.2-signed
Forecastfox (fix-version) 2.4.8
Form History Control 1.4.0.6
Google Translator for Firefox 2.0.1.5.3
NoScript 2.9.0.14 (DISABLED)
Pale Moon Commander 1.7.3
Places Maintenance 1.3.7-signed
Places Cleaner 0.42.1-signed
uBlock 1.11.2 (DISABLED)
uMatrix 0.9.3.6 (DISABLED)

With the add-ons above disabled the issue remains persistent, I can't see how any other add-ons could be contributing to the issue.

So could it be a Profile setting that is causing the issue with the "Expose Noisy Tabs" add-on? (I wouldn't think so!), If so any ideas what Profile setting it could be?

As I pointed out, the "Expose Noisy Tabs" has been working until I updated to PM version 27.1.2 today.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-03-07, 11:52

Is there another add-on that will do what the "Expose Noisy Tabs" add-on does that will consistently work with PM 27?

In my case while some websites work okay others such as the Reuters website linked above needs "Expose Noisy Tabs" disabled to work properly (so I'm hoping there is another add-on similar to this one that is compatible with PM).

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-03-07, 16:45

I guess I'll continue to use the "Expose Noisy Tabs" add-on since it works for some sites and use the indispensable "Open With" add-on (which I noticed I overlooked in my add-on list posted above) in the cases where the "Expose Noisy Tabs" fails to work for me in Pale Moon. ;) (I somehow don't believe it is likely there is another equivalent add-on to "Expose Noisy Tabs" that works in PM)

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2017-03-07, 19:00

It seems that's an issue with Expose Noisy Tabs. I'll try to fix that.

But, since JustOff repaired Jetpack/SDK, I suggest to try out some reliable extensions of this kind like Noise Control or Play/Pause.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-03-07, 19:12

wost_ wrote:It seems that's an issue with Expose Noisy Tabs. I'll try to fix that.

But, since JustOff repaired Jetpack/SDK, I suggest to try out some reliable extensions of this kind like Noise Control or Play/Pause.
thanks, but can't seem to find a compatible version for either of these two add-ons. :eh:

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-03-07, 19:24

Pale Moon Rising wrote:can't seem to find a compatible version for either of these two add-ons. :eh:
Play/Pause officially supports Pale Moon since 1.2.2, but you'll have to install and update it manually because of AMO doesn't serves Pale Moon properly.

upd: Noise Control isn't compatible with Pale Moon.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-03-07, 20:14

"Play Pause 1.2.2" does help as far as not blocking the website referenced in this topic, but for websites that the "noise indicator" does display using "Expose Noisy Tabs 0.7.1" the icon does not display in the tab for the "Play Pause 1.2.2" add-on.

Example using Play Pause:
The audio icon to display and control sound is missing for this add-on
The audio icon to display and control sound is missing for this add-on
Sound not signified on tab.png (3.38 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
Example using Expose Noisy Tabs:
The audio icon (circled in red) displays and is functional as far as muting or allowing sound for the tab
The audio icon (circled in red) displays and is functional as far as muting or allowing sound for the tab
Sound indicator displays for Expose Noisy tabs.png (3.81 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
The result is therefore that while I have noise control for websites that do display the controller icon for sound using the "Expose Noisy Tabs" add-on there is not any indicator or noise control provided that I can see using the "Play Pause" add-on for these websites that work using "Expose Noisy Tabs". With that it would be great if the "Expose Noisy Tabs" add-on could be fixed. I will continue to look into why I'm not getting a control icon in the tab using "Play Pause" when I get more time.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-03-17, 17:25

Hooray, the Reuters website now works (video plays now) with the new Expose Noisy Tabs 0.8.0 update. :thumbup: :clap: (see initial post, topic marked solved). Am happy to find this out since this noise control add-on seems to overall work best in PM....