27.1 addon compatibility mega-thread

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

__NM64__
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: 27.1 addon compatibility mega-thread

Unread post by __NM64__ » 2017-02-12, 09:38

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:A simple workaround is to just use NoSquint version 2.1.5.1
Turns out that 2.1.5.1 doesn't quite work as well as I thought - its per-site zoom settings are completely broken and it only works for applying universal settings. Per-site color works, but when you review the custom color settings, the selections get overwitten with whatever the most recent setting are (regardless of website).

So...maybe better luck would be had by trying to figure out what changed between 2.1.5.1 and 2.1.6.1, reverting that change, and applying it to 2.1.9.1. If I figure it out and the results are good, then I may just make a separate thread for this and, with the authors permission, maybe even submit a Pale Moon-specific version of the extension.

EDIT: The author made NoSquint public domain, so I guess permission isn't an issue.

majormom

Unread post by majormom » 2017-02-12, 19:19

I'm seeing a plethora of compatibility challenges for 27.0.1. Mine is somewhat minor but I thoroughly use Tree Style Tab With the latest PM update the ver 0.14..... no longer works let alone the most recent --Version 0.18.2016111701 Released November 16, 2016 1.3 MiB Works with Firefox 45.0 and later.
Is there any kind of work abound. I am very pleased with my PM ver 64 bit, but this is the 3rd time updates have fouled up first "My groups" (used to have to use panorama for a long time as a work-around) and now not only have I lost my valued groups I have to look at tabs stretching ad nauseum across the top of my browser.

PLEASE correct as son as feasible

__NM64__
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by __NM64__ » 2017-02-13, 10:22

I think this NoSquint issue is way out of my league, so I'll stop junking up this thread with any more NoSquint posts in the future.

I was going to try to make a fork under the name "NoMoreSquinting", but my non-existent coding skills are just too, well, non-existent; I even had the extension icon made up and everything! (it was just the NoSquint icon rotated 90 degrees clockwise and the color hue shifted by 60% so that the red "no symbol" was then so as to match the Pale Moon color scheme).

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:maybe better luck would be had by trying to figure out what changed between 2.1.5.1 and 2.1.6.1, reverting that change, and applying it to 2.1.9.1.
Turns out that doing this makes the built-in default HTML5 player controls work, but it also results in having the same zoom behavior as 2.1.5.1 where only global zoom works and the per-site zoom function is completely broken; it also makes NoSquint's per-site color functions completely broken as well and instead just applies any set custom colors globally.

If anyone wants to try tackling this, the key difference seems to be line 417 in the file "browser.js"; it looks like this in NoSquint 2.1.5.1:

Code: Select all

browser.addProgressListener(listener, CI.nsIWebProgress.NOTIFY_STATE_DOCUMENT);
But looks like this in NoSquint 2.1.6.1:

Code: Select all

browser.addProgressListener(listener);
For reference, NoSquint 2.1.9.1 uses the same line of code as 2.1.6.1 but it's located on line 399 instead.

eriffodrol

Unread post by eriffodrol » 2017-02-13, 12:51

addon exporter also fudged

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -exporter/

it did work fine with the last version; I tried to correct the js myself to no avail

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2017-02-13, 14:10

eriffodrol wrote:addon exporter also fudged

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -exporter/

it did work fine with the last version; I tried to correct the js myself to no avail

Agreed, tried to use Exporter yesterday and found it broken.

Bill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Nakor

Unread post by Nakor » 2017-02-14, 00:01

majormom wrote:I'm seeing a plethora of compatibility challenges for 27.0.1. Mine is somewhat minor but I thoroughly use Tree Style Tab With the latest PM update the ver 0.14..... no longer works let alone the most recent --Version 0.18.2016111701 Released November 16, 2016 1.3 MiB Works with Firefox 45.0 and later.
Is there any kind of work abound. I am very pleased with my PM ver 64 bit, but this is the 3rd time updates have fouled up first "My groups" (used to have to use panorama for a long time as a work-around) and now not only have I lost my valued groups I have to look at tabs stretching ad nauseum across the top of my browser.

PLEASE correct as son as feasible
I am still using Tree Style Tabs for Pale Moon 0.0.1 with no issues
See viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14730 i.e. https://github.com/oinkin/treestyletab/releases

majormom

Unread post by majormom » 2017-03-17, 08:09

I am using PM 27.1.2 64 bit on a laptop and lastpass works fine. I just installed PM 27.1.2 32 bit on a new laptop and last pass won't install. The comments referencing using wget is greek/geek to me. I NEED last pass, so how do I get rid of PM 32 and go to PM 64. Does it require a complete uninstall and a new install?

bblue6

Unread post by bblue6 » 2017-04-04, 22:06

Same issue here. Except that I had Lastpass installed on my main computer over a year ago, and even though I am on PM 27.1.2, it is still working. Go to an identical system with a fresh 27.1.2 and it won't install. Newest Lastpass is 4.1.44 that I have found.

It's been broken for several months now ... any ideas when it might be fixed?

--Bill

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-04-05, 09:48

bblue6 wrote:It's been broken for several months now ... any ideas when it might be fixed?
Take a look on this thread.

kelendral

Unread post by kelendral » 2017-04-06, 16:41

kelendral wrote:
RainbowMagicMarker wrote: Enhanced Steam
I would like to second a request for a fork of this great addon.
I've got to roll back until such time as this becomes available in one form or another.

Here is the Github for the Firefox version:
https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam_Firefox
I freely admit I am not the person to try and do any kind of compatibility changes to make this work, but I'll ask again because this is such a critical addon.

Can someone smarter than I please fork this to a PaleMoon variant?

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-04-08, 22:24

kelendral wrote:
kelendral wrote:
RainbowMagicMarker wrote: Enhanced Steam
I would like to second a request for a fork of this great addon.
I've got to roll back until such time as this becomes available in one form or another.

I freely admit I am not the person to try and do any kind of compatibility changes to make this work, but I'll ask again because this is such a critical addon.

As noted on our Known Incompatibilities page, please use SuperSteam:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/supersteam/

You will need to install it using Moon Tester Tool, though note the warnings when doing so.

kelendral

Unread post by kelendral » 2017-04-10, 17:56

Lootyhoof wrote:
kelendral wrote:
kelendral wrote: I would like to second a request for a fork of this great addon.

You will need to install it using Moon Tester Tool, though note the warnings when doing so.
Sadly, SuperSteam is more a bit broken than even the rather old last version of EnhancedSteam (7.3 something) that was only compatible with PaleMoon 26 only by hacking the install.rdf. Color highlighting doesn't work in most areas, DLC section shows weird linking, many of the enable items don't display right.
The most important feature works (comparing prices) but many convenience features don't appear to work as well as even the older version of EnhancedSteam.
At least this allows upgrading and so better security at the browser level. Thank you.
EDIT: It should be noted that SuperSteam only works while logged in if PaleMoon is in FireFox Compatibility mode for User-Agent. Using Native or Gecko Compatibility results in a loop of the Key Give-Away from SuperSteam (with new keys each time for those that need more).

Unfortunately had an issue updating to 27 where I found about 100 of my stored passwords vanished and many others had been reverted to older password values (this was able to be confirmed and corrected by using a password export utility and comparing the export on v26 and then the immediate export of the same password set from the same profile on v27 (which I then had to manually delete/update any that somehow reverted to old passwords, and import to get the 100 that vanished back into PaleMoon)). I actually noticed this issue after trying SuperSteam again (last time was on 27.0) and finding my useraccount and password to this very site missing from PaleMoon.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-04-11, 01:50

kelendral wrote:Unfortunately had an issue updating to 27 where I found about 100 of my stored passwords vanished
sounds spooky.. have you considered switching to a third party password manager yet?

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-04-11, 03:50

fillerup wrote:
kelendral wrote:Unfortunately had an issue updating to 27 where I found about 100 of my stored passwords vanished
sounds spooky.. have you considered switching to a third party password manager yet?
No, it sounds like a known issue. See here ...

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13804

... specifically, the "Saved passwords missing" section.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

kelendral

Unread post by kelendral » 2017-04-11, 15:34

Nigaikaze wrote:
fillerup wrote:
No, it sounds like a known issue. See here ...

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13804

... specifically, the "Saved passwords missing" section.
That is most likely the cause, after all this profile has been hanging around since at least 2008 (date when I last reset Tab Counter's stats).
Thanks for the heads up. I'll test out doing that next time I get around to restarting things to make sure that future updates will go more smoothly. :)

kelendral

Unread post by kelendral » 2017-06-03, 15:33

kelendral wrote:
Lootyhoof wrote:
kelendral wrote:
kelendral wrote: I would like to second a request for a fork of this great addon.

Sadly, SuperSteam is more a bit broken than even the rather old last version of EnhancedSteam (7.3 something) that was only compatible with PaleMoon 26 only by hacking the install.rdf. Color highlighting doesn't work in most areas, DLC section shows weird linking, many of the enable items don't display right.
The most important feature works (comparing prices) but many convenience features don't appear to work as well as even the older version of EnhancedSteam.
At least this allows upgrading and so better security at the browser level. Thank you.
EDIT: It should be noted that SuperSteam only works while logged in if PaleMoon is in FireFox Compatibility mode for User-Agent. Using Native or Gecko Compatibility results in a loop of the Key Give-Away from SuperSteam (with new keys each time for those that need more).
With Valve's latest changes SuperSteam is essentially dead. It hasn't been updated since Oct 2016. Even the Pricing stuff doesn't work now (might be the website for SuperSteam has been down for at the past day or 2). So here is another request for someone smarter than I to fork EnhancedSteam which is maintained.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-06-06, 14:58

I have removed the Enhanced Steam entry in the Incompatible Add-ons page due to SuperSteam's issues as mentioned above. If anyone does find a valid workaround please let me know and I will re-add it.