Even though the same method applies from the mentioned thread, I'll post it here as well.
One more thing. I removed the previous version (0.8.1.7) from my add-ons and backed up my sessions before I did this, so... it might be a good idea to do this as well. Pale Moon didn't crash after I installed the latest version and the add-on worked, so I just restored all of my sessions in the session folder afterwards. But... just in case something does go wrong, it's a good thing to keep a backup of your sessions. Also, note the version of Session Manager that was installed in Pale Moon and worked properly before you install the new one (again, better be safe than sorry).
1) Download the installer (the .xpi file) for Session Manager (right click on the "Add to Firefox" button --> Save Link As...).
2) Extract the content of the .xpi file with any archiver (WInRAR, 7-zip...).
3) Find the install.rdf file and open it with any text editor (Notepad, Notepad++).
4) Find these two lines in the code:
Code: Select all
Anyway, here is how I changed these two lines.
Code: Select all
7) Pack the extracted files in a zip archive. I used WinRAR, but any archiver that can pack files in a zip archive will do. Remeber, don't pack the folder in which the files are extracted, just pack the files themselves.
8) Change the extension of the archive from .zip to .xpi.
9) Drag and drop the .xpi file in Pale Moon.
10) Done .
Again, as I mentioned in the linked post in the beginning of this thread, I haven't read the license under which this add-on is released, so I have no idea if can share the modded .xpi file. If someone has more info, send me a private message, I'll attach it to this thread.
The same method should be applicable under Linux too... except the tools you'll be using .
PS: The linked post has some logical and spelling errors... I was in a hurry, so I didn't double check. I tried to correct them afterwards, but I can't seem to find any way to edit the post. Is there any way regular users can edit posts?