Right Click on Minize Button NOT Working....

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lil_ndn

Right Click on Minize Button NOT Working....

Unread post by Lil_ndn » 2017-05-11, 18:41

All Pale Moon, PM, version updates since Version 26.0 on my Window 10 64 bit machine hasn't allowed me to right click on my minimize tab/button for options. Any ideas, clues or explanations will be gratefully & gladly read. Thanx! Ride Safe. Ride Free.

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Right Click on Minize Button NOT Working....

Unread post by van p » 2017-05-12, 04:31

Don't know that I ever tried right-clicking on those items before. I tried it in all 3 of the browsers I use, and nothing happened in any of them. What's supposed to happen?
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.2 x64

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-05-12, 05:48

I have never done this either but I do get a right-click context menu on the minimize button:
right-click on minimize button.png
right-click on minimize button.png (4.57 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
It's actually the same context menu for a right-click on any of the browser control buttons (minimize, restore or close).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-05-12, 06:02

Lil_ndn wrote:All Pale Moon, PM, version updates since Version 26.0 on my Window 10 64 bit machine hasn't allowed me to right click on my minimize tab/button for options. Any ideas, clues or explanations will be gratefully & gladly read. Thanx! Ride Safe. Ride Free.
Rereading the OP's post I'm now thinking the question is regarding the browser tabs right-click which I get the following:
right-click browser tab.png
right-click browser tab.png (9.15 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
Is this what you are talking about Lil_ndn?

If not what exactly do you mean by saying that since PMv26 you have not been able to "right click on my minimize tab/button for options"?

Does your right-click work (get a context menu) for anything else other than Pale Moon?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2017-05-12, 07:12

I think he said "tab/button" because he's not sure what (tab or button) to call the 3 items in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, which I think is what he's talking about. I don't think he's talking about the window tab. Again, nothing happens when I r-click on any of those 3 items in any of my 3 browsers.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.2 x64

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-05-12, 11:37

On Windows 10, these controls are not system controls (we draw our own) and as such won't have the "system menu" when right-clicking. That is by (necessary) design to deal with Windows 10's accent color. Right-clicking on any other part of the title area should still work, though.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lil_ndn

Unread post by Lil_ndn » 2017-05-12, 13:42

Good Morn, the context buttons on the title bar is the location of which right clicking on minimize prompt while using
RBTray-4_3 program, software
Home Screen Toolbar shoing PM minimized into start side of toolbar.gif
can be found nowadays at Source Forge, will minimize browser into bar portion instead of the start programs side of the home screen toolbar. This program also allows any running program to be placed into the task bar side of toolbar. Here's a link to PC World's rag review of RBTray, and its better use of vernacular in description location etc,
http://www.pcworld.com/article/232962/rbtray.html .
I've been using it with all my Firefox, Iron, Chrome Opera browser sine the ~ 2006 w/Win XP, Win 7 64bit . See pix of current PM minimized in start program area, Fx Nightly minimized into task bar side of home screen toolbar and its position in the hidden programs area. Thanks for input so far and hopefully a fix or any more thoughts.
Attachments
Home Screen Toolbar shoing Fx Nightly Min in taskbar area.gif
Home Screen Toolbar shoing Fx Nightly Min in taskbar area  with other hidden running programs.gif

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-05-12, 13:59

Okay so we are talking about a tool (RBTray) that provides the user the "option to minimize programs to the system tray instead of the taskbar (where minimized programs usually go), simply by right-clicking the minimize button" according to the link provided.
minimize here.png
minimize here.png (24.63 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
So the are we saying that the right-click does actually work in that a right-click context menu is displayed but the option to "minimize... to the system tray" is not included in the list of options in the right-click context menu?
The tool (RBTray) is not working properly in that the option to minimize to the system tray is not listed in the right-click options like it should be.
The tool (RBTray) is not working properly in that the option to minimize to the system tray is not listed in the right-click options like it should be.
right-click on minimize button with explanation.png (9.61 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
Is this what the problem is?
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2017-05-12, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

Lil_ndn

Unread post by Lil_ndn » 2017-05-12, 14:11

Yes its a tool that puts programs and browser when minimized into the system tray instead of the task bar (where minimized programs and browser usually go). Here's a link to a 2010 PC World Rag Review of it: http://www.pcworld.com/article/232962/rbtray.html The versions of earlier PM were doing just this until an update in version 26 or 27 caused my profile to be deleted and when we started from scratch with a fresh profile it no longer worked. Thanks for help and patience, I'm way too old and getting old ain't for wussies. PM, Pale Moon, Rules. Please don't go south like my beloved Fx, Firefox, did with version 44-5 & up.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-05-12, 14:19

So what's happening is the RBTray tool that used to include a listed option to minimize to the system tray no longer lists this option in the right-click context menu of a programs close button so that ability to do this is not available because the option is not present in the right-context menu.

So for some reason the RBTray tool fails to work as it should as described above as of PMv26, is that correct?

If so then apparently RBTray is no longer compatible with PM as of v26 it would seem (I would also assume it's not x64 related, I only mention this because the topic is in this board).

So you are currently using PM (v27) release? (and same problem?)
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2017-05-12, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

Lil_ndn

Unread post by Lil_ndn » 2017-05-12, 14:26

Not sure why your replies aren't completed when I peruse them, but the last part of it just posted after My reading & posting. The display of "RBTray" doesn't pop up when placing cursor on Minimize icon, -, at in Fx Nightly, currently, it just minimizes browser/program into system tray. Hope this helps.

Lil_ndn

Unread post by Lil_ndn » 2017-05-12, 14:28

Yes, It was running in last version of 26, and I haven't been able to get it to run in any version of 27.0-3 so far.

Lil_ndn

Unread post by Lil_ndn » 2017-05-12, 14:33

It works with 64bit Fx, and all Windows 64bit programs that I am using. I'll set up 32bit PM version 27.3 and give her a whirl w/RBTray and see what happens, Thanks Pale Moon Rising for all of your time & input on this issue.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-05-12, 14:34

I wonder if opening a ticket HERE would do any good.... :think: (that is if it still does not work using x86)

Lil_ndn

Unread post by Lil_ndn » 2017-05-12, 14:51

If it had not been so long since version 4.3 was released I would. Due to the years since then without any updates me thinks it might be an exercise in futility. Let me try using the 4.3 zip file on an 86bit version of PM. If she works I'll post results and switch over to 86bit version. Thanks again to all and Mr. PMRising for time and input.