Problem youtube

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Ultor

Problem youtube

Unread post by Ultor » 2017-05-03, 05:09

Now If I minimize when I'm watch a youtube video, Palemoon hangs. :(

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Problem youtube

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-05-03, 05:21

I cannot confirm the problem (Pale Moon 27.3 x86 on WIN7 64-bit).

If I go to YouTube and play a video and minimize PM the video continues to play (hear the sound) and does not hang. If I maximize PM again video continues to play with no issues (tried this multiple times). So my results (no hang) would suggest that it would not appear to be a Pale Moon problem (unless it's an issue exclusive to X64, however unlikely).

Try doing the same thing using Pale Moon in safe-mode (go to "Help" > "Restart with Add-ons Disabled..." and select "safe-mode") Note: PM will exit "safe-mode" when you exit the browser and browser will be back to normal when you launch the browser the next time.

If the issue does not occur in safe-mode then you've likely got an add-on that is causing the problem.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

databaseben

Re: Problem youtube

Unread post by databaseben » 2017-05-07, 23:10

there is a "hardware acceleration" somewhere in the options. i would click or unclick whatever it is set on now.

also, there is an override "automatic cache" option as well. I would set to like 350

also, double check the virtual memory. i would se it to custom and enter the "recommended amount" in both the min and max.

also, double check a bug in windows found by running "msconfig". under the boot tab and then advance options, there are settings to set cpu and max

memory. whatever the current settings are, undue them or tweak them.

palemoon also has firefox mode, somewhere in its options. try setting it to FF.

finally, download firefox and test this problem on it.

good luck!