Password Manager malfunction

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
AnotherSignup

Password Manager malfunction

Unread post by AnotherSignup » 2017-04-09, 11:55

The password manager is not working properly for ebay sign in (signin.ebay.co.uk). If I go to sign in, PM gives me no prompt to input my Master password so that it can automatically input my username and password for that site.

If I manually go to Tools to input the Master password, close the dialogues and then go to the page, THEN PM will insert my username and password on the site sign in page as it normally should.

Thus far I have only encountered this oddity with ebay. Otherwise the password manager works as normal.

AnotherSignup

Re: Password Manager malfunction

Unread post by AnotherSignup » 2017-04-30, 01:22

The problem is still existent on the latest PM update 27.3.0

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-04-30, 05:20

Not confirmed for me.
0.png
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AnotherSignup

Unread post by AnotherSignup » 2017-06-20, 20:24

Does anybody have any ideas about this problem? It's still ongoing for me.

wyMnNHXB

Unread post by wyMnNHXB » 2017-06-20, 21:36

You may try clearing the "Exceptions list" of a password manager and deleting ebay-related entries, then try saving password again. Might help.

lightning slinger

Unread post by lightning slinger » 2017-06-21, 06:41

AnotherSignup wrote:Does anybody have any ideas about this problem? It's still ongoing for me.
Works OK for me!
Delete cache and associated cookies.
Delete original password entry and login again and save password when asked by password manager and try again!

AnotherSignup

Unread post by AnotherSignup » 2017-06-25, 12:41

Thanks for your suggestions. I've already tried all that, and I delete cookies immediately after any log out. It just doesn't make any sense to me why the password manager will no longer recognize the login page unless I've already input my master password.

lightning slinger

Unread post by lightning slinger » 2017-07-03, 19:23

Only other suggestion I have is, have you inadvertently blocked signin.ebay.co.uk from running scripts with an add-on script blocker such as NoScript or uMatrix?

archerbob

Unread post by archerbob » 2018-10-25, 06:23

I too find the password manager does not work on some websites, alas I found a workaround which I posted here