Moving data and settings between profiles

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
eldiener

Moving data and settings between profiles

Unread post by eldiener » 2017-03-28, 10:42

For some reason that I do not know the latest update, or perhaps updates, to Pale Moon has destroyed the ability of Pale Moon to work properly with a profile I had been using for many years. I can still start Pale Moon with this profile, but various things do not work properly after that which do work properly with the default profile Pale Moon created when I installed it. Unfortunately I do not have the time anymore or want to make the effort to try to figure out why my old profile is no longer working properly and just want to start using the new profile. But I really need to be able to move some data from the old profile to the new profile, particularly my bookmarks and, hopefully, my application handlers. Is there some way I can do this ? I imagine my bookmarks settings must be in some folder of my old profile, but I have no idea where or how I can move them to my new profile. If I can move the application handler settings it would be nice, but if I cannot do it that's OK too as there are only a few application handler I would really like to keep from my old profile. As far as Add-ons are concerned I should be able to just manually add back the ones from my old profile to my new one by going to the appropriate Pale Moon or Firefox web site for Add-ons. Moving the bookmarks is my top priority as I do not want to lose links which I use regularly.

Any help with this effort would be appreciated.

eldiener

Re: Moving data and settings between profiles

Unread post by eldiener » 2017-03-28, 15:36

Thanks ! Item number 2 in the above link appears to have fixed my problems.