[Solved] Run Portable alongside Desktop?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
ThirdTryCharm

[Solved] Run Portable alongside Desktop?

Unread post by ThirdTryCharm » 2015-09-20, 15:04

Hi, just trying portable and I need to use passwords from the previous desktop PM.

If I start portable, then click the direct link to desktop-PM, it just loads another copy of portable.

I need them side by side so I can copy and paste login names and passwords from desktop to portable.

I have Password Exporter on desktop, but it says it will not install in portable. That's not a bad thing as I have 419 passwords in desktop and it would be good to be able to just add passwords as I encounter them as I am sure a lot of those 419 log-ins are long gone by now. I have been using ffx since v2.

How can I have portable and desktop run side by side?
Last edited by ThirdTryCharm on 2015-09-21, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

dark_moon

Re: Run Portable alongside Desktop?

Unread post by dark_moon » 2015-09-20, 15:08

You need to change this entry in Palemoon-Portable.ini:
;MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1 to MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1

Then you can open the portable and your normal Pale Moon.

ThirdTryCharm

Unread post by ThirdTryCharm » 2015-09-20, 17:12

Thanks, DM, solved the problem.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2015-09-20, 17:33

Maybe we need a sticky thread for this because a lot of people have the same question.

Anyway, ThirdTryCharm can you please add your topic a [solved] in the beginning?

ThirdTryCharm

Unread post by ThirdTryCharm » 2015-09-21, 14:20

dark_moon wrote:Anyway, ThirdTryCharm can you please add your topic a [solved] in the beginning?
Just done that, dorry, I am old, I forget stuff. Some forums have a "Mark as Solved" button visible only to the OP. Any chance of getting that here?