Flash Uninstaller & Problems

For discussions specific to the Portable version of the browser.

Moderator: satrow

DavJames

Flash Uninstaller & Problems

Unread post by DavJames » 2015-08-23, 12:12

I have Pale Moon Portable 25.2.1. Sometimes a YouTube video doesn't play straight away, I have to refresh the page to get the video to play. Normally on Firefox I would just use the flash uninstaller program which cleanly erases all traces of flash. Then I would install the latest flash verison and things would be fine.

However on Pale Moon I don't see Flash installed in Programs and Features. I only see Adobe Flash Player NPAPI but I assume that's for Google Chrome?

Does Pale Moon not have a Flash installation anywhere? If it does, is there an uninstaller I can use?
If not, how do I cleanly delete Flash?

New Tobin Paradigm
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff

Re: Flash Uninstaller & Problems

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-08-24, 01:58

Flash is installed on your system like all external binary plugins.. Also Pale Moon 25.2 is quite old. You need to update to latest release.

_Poke_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2015-08-24, 11:18

Pale Moon does use NPAPI style plugins, so you are seeing the flash that Pale Moon uses.
Chrome uses PPAPI plugins, but they're contained within the browser so you won't see it installed separately.
"The good news is that we are rapidly running out of data for the bad guys to steal." (x)

intofix

Unread post by intofix » 2015-08-31, 04:13

DavJames wrote:Normally on Firefox I would just use the flash uninstaller program which cleanly erases all traces of flash.
This tool called "uninstall_flash_player" does not erase "all traces".

RedRamGT
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by RedRamGT » 2015-09-04, 19:33

Here is the Adobe procedure to uninstall Flash Player on Windows:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... ndows.html