Pale Moon portable and SD Cards

For discussions specific to the Portable version of the browser.

Moderator: satrow

arlanter

Pale Moon portable and SD Cards

Unread post by arlanter » 2014-11-20, 11:25

Hey, just wondering if someone can expand a little on the following and how it relates to SD Cards?
Pale Moon portable has been specifically designed to take with you on removable media with high wear and slow access, and its default settings reflect this.
Unfortunately using Sync isn't always possible, was looking into using the Portable version of this delightful browser but the above has me wondering whether it would be appropriate? Given pretty regular use am I likely to face a dead SD card two months down the line?

Apologies if this has been answered/should be obvious, couldn't find anything.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon portable and SD Cards

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-20, 12:41

"removable media with high wear and slow access" would include memory cards, memory sticks, USB sticks, etc.
So, yes, Pale Moon Portable is configured to not wear your media out any faster than it absolutely has to. (no disk cache on the media, etc.)
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne
"I'm afraid you have me mistaken for someone who can be shamed by a child." -- Quillspawn

arlanter

Re: Pale Moon portable and SD Cards

Unread post by arlanter » 2014-11-20, 12:43

Awesome, appreciate it.