PM 24.7.1 and Java and Flash

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
miki86

PM 24.7.1 and Java and Flash

Unread post by miki86 » 2014-09-05, 17:03

Hi, today i switched to Pale Moon since the support of Firefox ESR 24.x is gone, and i wont use the crappy australis gui and the new download window.

Is amazing and fast, i choose the portable version since i tend to use everything portable for convenience, but i've find an issue with external puglins.

Now with the Firefox portable esr 24.7.0 i'm able to recognize both flash and jportable. all the tools are placed inside the folder portableapps, while the java is located in portableapps/commonsfiles/java, flash is portableapps/commonsfiles/falsh/files and firefox esr in portableapps/firefoxportableESR.
So i put plae moon x64 portable into the same root but it wont recosgize the plugins, however i've partially solved moving the flash files into the palemoon/lib/mozilla/plugins but for Java there is nothing to do (yes i tried to copy the whole java portable folder into palemoon/lib/java/bin/new_plugin but wont work (both x86 and x64).

Jportable version is this: http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/java_portable.

Any tips or suggestion?

buggy

Re: PM 24.7.1 and Java and Flash

Unread post by buggy » 2014-09-14, 07:53

Moderator note: Marked off-topic, the request was to help with getting it to work, not a question if they should or should not use it.