Help. LastPass is broken and frozen on x64 Palemoon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
alan9182

Help. LastPass is broken and frozen on x64 Palemoon

Unread post by alan9182 » 2012-03-12, 12:01

I am trying to use Portable Palemoon 9.2 x64 with various Addons that work on Palemoon 9.2 x32.

LastPass downloaded like the others,
and like the others it promised it
"will be installed after you restart Pale Moon".

It repeats the same promise after every "Restart Now".
It makes the same promise after I manually shut-down Pale Moon and relaunch.

"Undo" does nothing at all - LastPass remains in this broken and frozen solid condition,
even after Restarting or relaunching PaleMoon.
PaleMoon seems to have no ability to even REMOVE a dead extension because there is no "Remove" button.

Using Windows Explorer I deleted everything identified as LastPass, after which I restarted PaleMoon and LastPass was no longer shown.
One "extension" I refrained from removing was {0545b830-f0aa-4d7e-8820-50a4629a56fe}.xpi
I hate anonymous files with no clues to show what they are or what needs them, does anyone know what extension that is for ?
Then I tried installing LastPass again, with the same result.

Do I have to remove all extensions and start with LastPass, or is LastPass not suitable for x64.

Regards
Alan

megaman

Re: Help. LastPass is broken and frozen on x64 Palemoon

Unread post by megaman » 2012-03-12, 16:57

Get the latest Last Pass version from their site, not the Mozilla Add-ons site.

Also, you can the add-ons "ecleaner" to remove left-over excess.
I will try the X64 version and see if I get the same result.

Edit: Installed X64 and it picked up my X32 add-ons, no problems from Last Pass.
I removed Last Pass and restarted, then I went to the Last Pass site.
I installed Last Pass and it installed cleanly, and reverted to my old settings. I might have to clean remove, I will try it.

Edit 2: Cleanly removing it (eCleaner) still installed with a success(no annoying prompt to restart the browser again).
If all else fails, you might have to cleanly remove Pale Moon and reinstall, but that is a last resort or make a new Profile to test on(recommended as first).

alan9182

Re: Help. LastPass is broken and frozen on x64 Palemoon

Unread post by alan9182 » 2012-03-12, 20:55

Thanks for the advice.

I returned to say problem fixed.

I did actually go to LastPass and tried both Portable LastPass Firefox and also their site's recommendation based upon detecting my Browser and Windows 7 x64 system.
Neither worked on Portable Palemoon x64 v9.2
Neither worked on a new Portable Palemoon x86 v9.2
BUT LastPass continued to work on an OLD Portable Palemoon x86 before (and also after) being upgraded to 9.2
N.B. All three versions of Palemoon were on slightly different paths on my secondary HDD, partition E:\

When I realized that x86 had a problem I decided :-
Old Palemoon x86 previously installed Lastpass before the weekend whilst C:\ was still on my HDD
New Palemoon x86 could no longer install Lastpass with C:\ now on a new SSD with a clean install of the same Windows 7
(tried to restore an image but that failed to launch.)
The new system also had an updated Malware protection - Comodo C.I.S. which now had extra "sandbox" protection.

So I turned off Sandbox and then LastPass installed happily on both x64 and x86 Palemoon.

Comodo would have been my first suspect, had I not previously achieved perfect success with 6 other Addons.

P.S.
It would be nice if Palemoon was not held hostage to a dead Addon,
i.e ensure that a REMOVE button is available where the Addon has failed to function properly.

Regards
Alan