I wanted to ask how to disable the automatic creation of bookmark backup files in:
Then i figured it out while typing the question!
1. set "browser.bookmarks.max_backups" to 0
2. delete all .json files in both folders (important)
3. start Palemoon-Portable.exe and they won't be recreated
And to prevent the "Backups" folder itself from being recreated:
1. open the "Palemoon-Portable.ini"
2. change line 45 (under [Functions])
3. And delete lines 68 and 69 (under [RunAfter]), those two:
line 68: ;(make bookmark backups)
line 69: DirCopy=%MOZ_PROFILE_PATH%\bookmarkbackups|$Backup$\$AppName$|o
4. (optional) You can also delete the following lines to not backup passwords:
;(make password backups)
Posted anyway for future reference...
For discussions specific to the Portable version of the browser.
1 post • Page 1 of 1