PaleMoon not playing Videos Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
WilPale

PaleMoon not playing Videos

Unread post by WilPale » 2020-09-01, 14:32

Hello!
With PaleMoon 28.12 32-bit many videos on media homepages are not played. Instead the following error message is displayed:
"The downloaded manifest is invalid (error 1202)". The same page opened with FireFox works perfectly ok.
Can anybody help?
Windows 7 32bit (still...)
Example: https://wetter.orf.at/oes/wetterverlauf

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: PaleMoon not playing Videos

Unread post by jars_ » 2020-09-01, 15:33

Stupid useragent bug(on site). Make string param (about:config):

Code: Select all

general.useragent.override.wetter.orf.at
value:

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.77 Safari/537.36

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2020-09-01, 15:37

It plays for me fine in PM 28.12, if WebAssembly is enabled - though I did have to refresh the page one time.
(but if disabled, there is the error you describe)

Preferences -> Content, then in the JavaScript section, tick the box next to "Enable WebAssembly (WASM)"
prefs-wasm.png

Edit: Actually, I take it back: the video only plays sporadically.

It had seemed to work perfectly in a fresh profile, after which enabling WASM had seemed to fix things in my regular profile. But after repeated testing, not so. The error still loads sometimes, and sometimes goes away with a page refresh, sometimes not.

WilPale

Unread post by WilPale » 2020-09-02, 07:01

I can confirm both replies. Immediately after posting I tried the site agaiin - and it worked ok. Nevertheless I followed the advice by jars_ (about:config ...) and the error has not occured since then.
Thanks to you both! :thumbup:

ControlData

Unread post by ControlData » 2020-09-09, 13:28

It always fails for me unless I click on the video's maximize icon before the warning is displayed.

It then plays fine in subsequent reloads.

WilPale

Unread post by WilPale » 2020-09-14, 15:49

Hi!
Several other videos on that site are also affected by that bug. Now I have added the following string in about:config
general.useragent.override.orf.at with value proposed by jars_ and the error seems to be gone. Hope it stays that way. :?