Convert a portable browser to an installer?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
StayFan

Convert a portable browser to an installer?

Unread post by StayFan » 2020-04-09, 23:38

The special Palemoon i use is only available as portable! i'd like to know if it's possible to take a portable browser and transform it to an installer instead! any recommendation? tips or softwares?

i noticed that a portable browser take much more ram than an installer one and it's more evident when i watch videos on Youtube or else!

Usually i go to google to find the trick but this time i didn't find any info, it's just the opposite info like how to "Create a Portable Version of Any Application in Windows"

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Convert a portable browser to an installer?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-04-09, 23:48

What "special Pale Moon" are you talking about?
The portables released by us are no different than the installer versions, so there should not be any memory usage differences.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

John connor

Unread post by John connor » 2020-04-11, 17:41

You could just install Pale Moon and then lift your profile out of the portable version of PM and paste it into the installed version.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-04-11, 18:43

I'd like to know what this "special build" is though that is "only available as portable".
Because that doesn't sound kosher to begin with.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite