how to undo changes by 'Inspect element'

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Palewight

how to undo changes by 'Inspect element'

Unread post by Palewight » 2020-04-01, 22:40

Used the developer's tool and it somehow saved the changes to youtube, can you please me how to reset changes done by the 'Inspect element'? Thank you.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: how to undo changes by 'Inspect element'

Unread post by therube » 2020-04-01, 23:14

Just what changes did you make?
How did you go about it?

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-04-01, 23:16

Just reload the page.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-04-01, 23:17

vannilla wrote:
2020-04-01, 23:16
Just reload the page.
^That. Inspector changes are always in the currently loaded page only. Refreshing the page (reload/F5) will always clear whatever you did.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Palewight

Unread post by Palewight » 2020-04-02, 02:28

I was confused too because it shouldn't save after I reloaded, restarted, deleted cache etc, but it still persisted. There is no visible change that I can see because of the css-edit I did with inspect element but there is a huge lag just when visiting any page on youtube, and on the inspector I think there were hundreds of message saying [error, css not injected] or something. Maybe the lag is because it is trying to inject these hundred changes, only resuming after the injection failed.

Palewight

Unread post by Palewight » 2020-04-02, 09:57

any ideas anyone?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-04-02, 14:30

If you are browsing with the devtools open on a polymer site, then you can expect it to be slow. Just restart the browser (just in case to release any hooks devtools might have in the loading process) and keep devtools closed, then visit YouTube again.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite