Possible to Remove Page Info Text from Address Bar?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
kla87
Fanatic
Fanatic

Possible to Remove Page Info Text from Address Bar?

Unread post by kla87 » 2019-02-12, 06:03

This seems to display the same for all versions of portable I've, the text left of the address. Is there a tweak that could be made to remove the text only?

I know how to remove all of the Page Info, but that takes the security "lock" icon with it in the versions I've seen, so I'm trying to remove the text only.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Possible to Remove Page Info Text from Address Bar?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-02-12, 09:48

If you're talking about the "identity panel", then be aware that that information is important for you to be able to verify that you are actually connecting to the correct domain/server/organization you want to connect to.

See e.g. FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=15583

For domain-validated connections, you can control the display through browser.identity.ssl_domain_display
0 = don't display the domain name
1 = display the root domain name
2 = display the full host name
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

kla87
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Possible to Remove Page Info Text from Address Bar?

Unread post by kla87 » 2019-02-14, 04:16

Thanks, & I appreciate what you did with that feature (I wasn't aware).