fb purity and classic theme restorer

For discussions specific to the Portable version of the browser.

Moderator: satrow

User avatar
rose1
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 17:09

fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rose1 » Fri, 09 Nov 2018, 12:18

Is there fb purity and classic theme restorer for pale moon? If not, althernative?

User avatar
Isengrim
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue, 08 Sep 2015, 22:54
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby Isengrim » Fri, 09 Nov 2018, 12:29

Pale Moon 28 does not use the Australis interface, and already has the features that Classic Theme Restorer brings back to browsers that do use Australis. Installing CTR is not necessary and likely will not work correctly anyway.

Others on the forum have reported having better luck with the FB Purity userscript than with the add-on. You can install userscripts using the Greasemonkey extension found on the Pale Moon Add-ons Site.
Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon (64-bit)
Windows 7 (64-bit) (Sometimes)
Windows 10 build 1803 (64-bit) (Sometimes)
We are our choices.

User avatar
mommabear
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat, 07 Oct 2017, 18:13

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby mommabear » Fri, 09 Nov 2018, 12:55

After installing the greasemonkey extension. How do I use the fb purity?


Just go to https://www.fbpurity.com/install.htm and there will be a link to automatically install the script into greasemonkey.
Windows 7 Home Premium, Sp 1
Pale Moon 28.2.2 64-bit

User avatar
rose1
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 17:09

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rose1 » Fri, 09 Nov 2018, 13:29

mommabear wrote:
After installing the greasemonkey extension. How do I use the fb purity?


Just go to https://www.fbpurity.com/install.htm and there will be a link to automatically install the script into greasemonkey.


Its taking forever to download the fb purity to the script.

User avatar
rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri, 18 Nov 2011, 20:38
Location: Scotland

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rabnbeinn » Fri, 09 Nov 2018, 19:49

The script should dld immediately... check in your add-ons manager under User Scripts.

User avatar
rose1
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 17:09

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rose1 » Fri, 09 Nov 2018, 20:04

rabnbeinn wrote:The script should dld immediately... check in your add-ons manager under User Scripts.

nothing under user scripts. how would get the fb purity then?

User avatar
eskaton023
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 19:54

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby eskaton023 » Fri, 09 Nov 2018, 20:08


User avatar
rose1
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 17:09

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rose1 » Fri, 09 Nov 2018, 20:11

eskaton023 wrote:This is the direct link: https://www.fbpurity.com/fbpurity.TWNTSXON.user.js

that's the one takes forever to download.

User avatar
eskaton023
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 19:54

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby eskaton023 » Fri, 09 Nov 2018, 20:29

The file is just over 500KB; unless you're on a dial up modem it shouldn't take long at all to download it. Just to confirm, you do have version 3.31.4 of Greasemonkey for Pale Moon installed, yes? You can get it here: https://github.com/janekptacijarabaci/g ... y/releases

User avatar
rose1
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 17:09

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rose1 » Fri, 09 Nov 2018, 20:33

eskaton023 wrote:The file is just over 500KB; unless you're on a dial up modem it shouldn't take long at all to download it. Just to confirm, you do have version 3.31.4 of Greasemonkey for Pale Moon installed, yes? You can get it here: https://github.com/janekptacijarabaci/g ... y/releases

I have fiber wifi, and yes I have 3.31.4. Still taking long to download.

fillerup
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon, 19 May 2014, 19:14
Location: Finland

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby fillerup » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 10:10

just add it manually in greasemonkey

User avatar
rose1
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 17:09

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rose1 » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 11:35

fillerup wrote:just add it manually in greasemonkey

How do I do that?

fillerup
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon, 19 May 2014, 19:14
Location: Finland

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby fillerup » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 15:40

- open the link to the script with greasemonkey disabled, or in another browser that doesn't have greasemonkey

- CTRL A and copy everything to clipboard

- enable greasemonkey in PM

- Image

- Image

User avatar
rose1
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 17:09

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rose1 » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 15:55

fillerup wrote:- open the link to the script with greasemonkey disabled, or in another browser that doesn't have greasemonkey

- CTRL A and copy everything to clipboard

- enable greasemonkey in PM

- Image

- Image

confusing. sorry don't get it at at all.

User avatar
rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri, 18 Nov 2011, 20:38
Location: Scotland

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rabnbeinn » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 16:53

Go into your add-on manager....
Go into Extensions....
Disable Greasemonkey....
Click on one of the links given.....
Click on Show original script source....
When the script pops up hold down ctrl and A, this will copy the script to your clipboard.
Open up User Scripts in your add-on manager....
Click on New User Script....
In the pop up that appears click on Use Script From Clipboard....
It should now be visible in your (Add-ons) User Scripts...
Enable Greasemonkey.
Last edited by rabnbeinn on Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rose1
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 17:09

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rose1 » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 17:26

rabnbeinn wrote:Go into your add-on manager....
Go into Extensions....
Disable Greasemonkey....
Click on one of the links given.....
Click on Show original script source....
When the script pops up hold down ctrl and A, this will copy the script to your clipboard.
Open up User Scripts in your add-on manager....
Click on New User Script....
In the pop up that appears click on Use Script From Clipboard....
It should now be visible in your (Add-ons) User Scripts...
Enable Greasemonkey.

didn't work.

User avatar
Isengrim
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue, 08 Sep 2015, 22:54
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby Isengrim » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 17:49

rose1 wrote:didn't work.

Can you be more specific? What did you try?
Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon (64-bit)
Windows 7 (64-bit) (Sometimes)
Windows 10 build 1803 (64-bit) (Sometimes)
We are our choices.

User avatar
rose1
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 17:09

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rose1 » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 17:54

Isengrim wrote:
rose1 wrote:didn't work.

Can you be more specific? What did you try?

It will not let me click on original script source. I copy to greasemonkey and its taking to long to download again. I think greasemonkey script doesn't work with pale moon for fb purity.

User avatar
Isengrim
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue, 08 Sep 2015, 22:54
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby Isengrim » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 18:04

rose1 wrote:
eskaton023 wrote:This is the direct link: https://www.fbpurity.com/fbpurity.TWNTSXON.user.js

that's the one takes forever to download.

This direct link should work. Maybe another add-on is interfering. What add-ons do you have installed?
Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon (64-bit)
Windows 7 (64-bit) (Sometimes)
Windows 10 build 1803 (64-bit) (Sometimes)
We are our choices.

User avatar
rose1
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 17:09

Re: fb purity and classic theme restorer

Unread postby rose1 » Sat, 10 Nov 2018, 18:09

Isengrim wrote:
rose1 wrote:
eskaton023 wrote:This is the direct link: https://www.fbpurity.com/fbpurity.TWNTSXON.user.js

that's the one takes forever to download.

This direct link should work. Maybe another add-on is interfering. What add-ons do you have installed?

adblock altitude, greasemonkey script, nosquint, outlook button, stylem, tab mix plus, and youtube button.


Return to “Pale Moon Portable”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests