25.0 version make it look a newer Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
samms7

25.0 version make it look a newer

Unread post by samms7 » 2018-04-13, 13:37

Version 25.0 works really good on my old netbook but some sites tells me I'm using old browser. Is there a way I can make it appear as new version in changing something in about:config . Thanks for your help .

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: 25.0 version make it look a newer

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-04-13, 14:16

You are using an old browser. The latest version of Pale Moon Portable is 27.8.3.

That said, the issue you are seeing is probably related to user agent sniffing. Some sites use this as a lazy way to determine if your browser will work for their site or not. Pale Moon includes some settings for automatically overriding the user agent for certain websites; these settings are probably out of date in your version, so I'd highly recommend using the latest version if possible.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-04-13, 19:51

What OS are you using?

samms7

Unread post by samms7 » 2018-04-17, 14:14

My Netbook is Win7 Starter . Recently I was buying vitamins from Swanson with PayPal checkout and got you are using old browser and couldn't checkout. Thx for your help .

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-04-17, 14:23

If you use Windows 7 there is no reason to not update Pale Moon to something that isn't from three and a half years ago.

samms7

Unread post by samms7 » 2018-04-19, 13:11

Version 25.0 faster on my Netbook. I Tried Portable Firefox 56 it was faster than new Pale moon but it had bug when sometimes I middle click on the link plus I didn't like the design . So is there way to make V.25 to work on all site? Do I need extension ? Thx .

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-04-19, 14:41

Well, you have no rights to support or questions for ancient versions of Pale Moon so.. Enjoy Pale Moon 25. Have a nice day.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-04-19, 19:49

samms7 wrote:So is there way to make V.25 to work on all site? Do I need extension ? Thx .
Nope, it's simply not possible. The browser is too old and many websites will use features that such an old version doesn't support. This can't be "fixed" with extensions either. You'll just have to upgrade to a current version. As Tobin said, we can't and won't provide support for such an old version.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite