Problem with plugin

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
peweuk

Problem with plugin

Unread post by peweuk » 2013-01-07, 15:47

I have a problem with an extension I used with FF and wondered if someone else could test it to see if it is not compatible.

It is here, and simply puts an icon on the menu bar to launch the default e-mail program and insert details in a new message for sending to someone.

In FF it puts the icon on the left of the search box (top left), but in PM it does not show.

Rohugh

Re: Problem with plugin

Unread post by Rohugh » 2013-01-07, 19:12

It doesn't appear for me either but I notice there are a couple of other reports on the d/l page that also say the button has vanished - maybe a problem with the add-on?

I assume this is for the portable version and for the dt versions?

peweuk

Unread post by peweuk » 2013-01-07, 19:34

I guess that there was a change in the base code for FF17 which sorted the problems experienced with the plugin - which disappeared in FF15 but is back in FF17.

I am guessing from its version that PM is based on FF15 code - so hence the issue with the plugin.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2013-01-07, 21:26

peweuk wrote: I am guessing from its version that PM is based on FF15 code - so hence the issue with the plugin.
Yes, you are correct, although all the latest Firefox versions security patches are kept up to date, hence the point releases.

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2013-01-07, 21:30

If you want to try a previous versions of your Email Link plugin they are available on the Addon's "Version History" page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/ :)

peweuk

Unread post by peweuk » 2013-01-07, 23:26

Thanks for the confirmation Rohugh.

Blacklab - thanks for the link, but the plugin broke with FF15 - so none of the previous versions will work, and the latest needs V17 - so I'll have to get by without the quick-link icon until PM 17 comes out.