Profiles and Pale Moon Portable

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Herman Strange

Profiles and Pale Moon Portable

Unread post by Herman Strange » 2012-12-14, 16:57

Does Pale Moon Portable support use with multiple profiles?

Have attempted to access Profile Manager -profilemanager switch at startup without result (browser starts to home page).

Manually creating an additional profile and then starting with -P PROFILENAME also does not appear to work.

Wondering if this might be a limitation of the loader used for the Portable version, or something similar. Goal is to be able to run simultaneous browsers with different user credentials without needing separate full installations on memory stick.

Herman Strange

Re: Profiles and Pale Moon Portable

Unread post by Herman Strange » 2012-12-14, 17:43

Disregard - I found the answer in an older thread:

"the portable is not set up to use multiple internal profiles."

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=540

alan9182

Unread post by alan9182 » 2012-12-15, 11:34

Did you then give up, or did you read my solution that was posted on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:17 pm
I have altered Palemoon-Portable.ini
FROM
Profile=Default
TO
Profile=Default%USERNAME%

Herman Strange

Unread post by Herman Strange » 2012-12-19, 18:40

Yes, saw that Alan - and it's an excellent solution to what you were trying to do. My situation's a bit different, so posted what I'm trying to do and what happens in a new thread.