Pale Moon Portable loading page but then nothing

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Moggie

Pale Moon Portable loading page but then nothing

Unread post by Moggie » 2017-11-12, 21:39

I updated PM Portable three days ago and for the last two days it hasn't worked. When I open the browser it opens but can't do anything. It won't load any sites, and you can't click on any buttons. It's just a frozen page.

Will uninstalling and reinstalling help?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon Portable loading page but then nothing

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-13, 07:47

Getting a fresh copy of the portable might help -- please check if your current broken copy has been mangled by antivirus or similar, because this sounds really wrong; same thing might happen with a fresh copy if that's the case.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moggie

Unread post by Moggie » 2017-11-13, 21:48

Thanks, I had to reinstall to get it working again. I made no recent changes to my antivirus software so I don't know what happened.

Cheers

Gentoo

Unread post by Gentoo » 2017-11-27, 12:22

I have been experiencing the same problem for several versions now. The weird thing is that it comes and goes. Sometimes I don't have it at all and then I can't get rid of it. I have even reainstalle Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit two weeks ago. I am using the 32bit portable versions. I have tried starting completely clean too. If it is not palemoon itself it might be ublock origin causing it, but there doesn't seem to be any other ad blocker that blocks everything and doesn't get detected by anti-adblockers. But I can't confirm it is even that. And there are certainly no Firewall or antivirus problems.