Java for x64-bit Portable Pale Moon?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Milli

Java for x64-bit Portable Pale Moon?

Unread post by Milli » 2012-11-28, 02:06

Hi
I've just come across this browser this evening. I downloaded the portable 64 bit version and have it up and running but I cannot work out how to get java working.
I've downloaded both the 32bit and 64bit portable javas (jPortable version 7 update 9) and installed them to E:\My Portable Apps\commonfiles\java and java64 folders respectively. Java works fine in the Opera x64bit portable and also in Chrome portable. It even works in the 32bit version of Pale Moon Portable, but not the 64bit.

Does java indeed work in the 64bit Pale Moon or am I flogging a dead horse here? I understand there are issues with the 64bit version and certain plugins.

Regards,
Chris

dallas7

Re: Java for x64-bit Portable Pale Moon?

Unread post by dallas7 » 2012-12-01, 05:19

Just as a point of reference relating to "...there are issues with the 64bit version and certain plugins," I have been running 64 bit Java for over a year on a laptop and on a desktop since July, both Win7hpSP1x64. No problems with Pale Moon x64 Portable or a couple of other Java apps I need to run. I've never tried Haller's jPortable, tho.

Good luck.