Cannot see currency exchange tables Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
occam

Cannot see currency exchange tables

Unread post by occam » 2017-06-07, 11:08

Hi

I have been running PM Portable (x64) (the latest version) for a while as my default browser.

One site I regularly visit is a currency exchange site:
http://www.xe.com/

Following one of the recent PM upgrades, the tables on this site no longer render. I have checked, it is NOT the "uBlock origin" add-on (the only ad-blocker I use) which is the cause.

Q1- What has changed in the default settings of PM to disable the rendering?
Q2- Is there anything I can do to change it?

(I have no problems seeing the tables using Chrome, my alternative browser.)

Thanks

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Cannot see currency exchange tables

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-06-07, 13:13

It displays here fine using portable PM 27.3 x86.
xe.com.png

occam

Unread post by occam » 2017-06-07, 23:15

Thanks. I'm baffled.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-06-08, 00:55

occam wrote:I have checked, it is NOT the "uBlock origin" add-on (the only ad-blocker I use) which is the cause.

How did you determine this? Did you outright disable uBO?
And when you say the tables "no longer render" - do other parts of the site render, or is the page totally blank?

I found it necessary to disable one of my filter lists in uBlock Origin (Fanboy's Annoyance List) to make the site render. Before disabling it, the site showed as a blank page - the tables flickered into sight for a fraction of a second but didn't stick. (This was specific to uBO; the site rendered properly with ABL and the same filter list active.)

You might try the site in safe mode. It will disable your extensions to partially rule out them out as the source of the problem.
(Help >> Restart with Add-ons Disabled... /click 'Restart' button / select 'Continue in Safe Mode')

occam

Unread post by occam » 2017-06-08, 06:38

How did you determine this? Did you outright disable uBO?
Yes.
when you say the tables "no longer render" - do other parts of the site render, or is the page totally blank?
Not totally blank, but instead of the usual tabular entries, a long string of options. It was as if the HTML formatting commands for the table were being ignored.

HOWEVER, I think I found the culprit. The add-on 'Encrypted web v5.1.5' . By disabling it, the table is back.

Thanks for your feedback and help, coffeebreak.