Black strip

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Sajjan

Black strip

Unread post by Sajjan » 2012-10-21, 17:13

I have PM 15.2 Portable installed.
I have add on Adblock Plus 2.1.2 installed.
I enclose herewith a snapshot.
Moonchild you will notice there is a black strip showing in this snapshot sir.
Not that it makes any difference to me but it does not show before I updated PM to 15.2 also when I log to same site in FF.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104227206825464958661/October212012#5801811198722709650

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Black strip

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-10-21, 17:19

"Sorry that page was not found"
Please upload your screenshot as an attachment, and provide the problem URL.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-10-21, 17:34

I loaded up PM 15.2 Portable and logged into several places, and my Picasa album. No black strips showing and it works as expected - I also have Adblock Plus 2.1.2, but as Moonchild asks, a working link would help. :)

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-10-21, 18:25

Black strip must be the problem with Nvidia FXAA and AMD's MLAA, my assumption.

Sajjan

Unread post by Sajjan » 2012-10-22, 16:56

ScreenShot001.jpg attached Sir.
Also I am not expert on computer but I think I do not have Nvidia FXAA Or AMD's MLAA, I have Intel Dual Core processor.
Btw, your such beautiful and instant response to my query is very delighful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-10-22, 17:36

I had a look at this - it's Yahoo's website that is the problem. the "Yahoo games" logo is put in a frame of its own as a raw image:

Code: Select all

<frame name="games_logo" src="http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/ga/sl_3/us_mast.gif" marginwidth="5" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" border="0" framespacing="0">
Which means that Pale Moon will display it with the default raw image background color which is dark. This is Yahoo's web design issue - they assume that every browser will use a light background for raw images. Firefox will also display this not as intended. They should make sure that the frame is a proper HTML page with intended background color and the image, not just using a raw image like they are now. Pale Moon is doing what it is supposed to be doing ;)

Solution: write Yahoo with a bug report about their website.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Sajjan

Unread post by Sajjan » 2012-10-23, 13:34

Moonchild Sir,
It was not that strip which was an issue for it hardly makes any difference while visiting there.
What is more important is that the kind of attention you and your team displayed that matters.
PM is a lovely creation anyway but you and your team are who make this what it is.
Kudos.
Best of luck Sir.