PM related folders after migrating back to FF Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
vvMtMBvv

PM related folders after migrating back to FF

Unread post by vvMtMBvv » 2017-05-11, 12:03

hello

I used PM portable for a pretty long time. till that one big update, which made to Goanna and rejected some really helpful for me extensions.
I tried to use previous version as nothing happened, but it was useless after some sites' updates.
So, I had to go back to FF portable and copied profile folders.

not long before reinstalling of the system I found hidden PM folders (in AppData, etc).
"okay, I'll just delete them". but they spawned again, along w/ folder which contained PM portable itself (it's half-empty tho, but still pretty annoying).
and after reinstalling of the system this thing still happening once I'm launching FF, making me think that it's lies somewhere in those old profile files?

how can I get rid of this?

(first system was Win 7 x32, made to x64, but that's pointless probably)

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: PM related folders after migrating back to FF

Unread post by JoeyG » 2017-06-28, 13:57

vvMtMBvv wrote:... I used PM portable for a pretty long time. till that one big update, which made to Goanna and rejected some really helpful for me extensions.
I tried to use previous version as nothing happened, but it was useless after some sites' updates.
So, I had to go back to FF portable and copied profile folders....
I'm not sure which extensions you're talking about, but in case you don't know, with version 57 of Firefox, they're going to a completely new concept called "web extensions". If the ones you use haven't been ported, they're going to break and, unless the dev makes the requisite changes, they're going to stay broken.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-06-28, 16:46

vvMtMBvv wrote: ... not long before reinstalling of the system I found hidden PM folders (in AppData, etc).
I thought I'd take a look and I only find basically two folders, profiles & crash report folders, within the "Moonchild Productions" folder as far as anything related to PM in the "AppData" file path:
Click to enlarge for improved readability
Click to enlarge for improved readability
My original PM install was started clean from around PMv25.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-06-28, 16:57

vvMtMBvv wrote: ... till that one big update, which made to Goanna and rejected some really helpful for me extensions.
Regarding PM extensions, here is a Forum index > Browser Add-ons > Browser extensions topic link on this subject: Extension compatibility and Pale Moon.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-06-28, 17:06

More info on extension under Forum index > Browser Add-ons > Contributed extensions.

Also besides looking at the FF AMO site, you might want to take a look HERE for Pale Moon Extensions as well.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-06-28, 17:12

vvMtMBvv wrote:hello

... till that one big update, which made to Goanna and rejected some really helpful for me extensions.
If you post a list of the extensions that you are finding incompatible with Pale Moon 27 then you might get help regarding some of these add-ons or perhaps suggestions for alternative compatible extensions that would do essentially the same thing.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-06-28, 20:47

Hey, if you speak-up and communicate with us, maybe we can work together to find solutions your problems. I would first look at these two helpful stickies, see below:

What to do when a website doesn't recognize Pale Moon?

Why do some extensions not work in Pale Moon?
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime