Can't connect to a website

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Can't connect to a website

Unread post by badnick » 2017-03-24, 08:23

I'm new to palemoon after a long term using of Firefox wich daily become slower and slower.
Tried to connect to mozilla chat (https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?serve ... %23firefox) and I receive this message:

"Secure Connection Failed
The connection to client00.chat.mibbit.com was interrupted while the page was loading.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

I tried all the solution from here but no one worked: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6262
Note that from any other browser I can login.

Also installed ChatZilla but also don't work, I receive this message:
"TypeError: client.currentObject is undefined @ <chrome://chatzilla/content/static.js> 4615"

PaleMoon 27.2.0 /64/portable-Windows 10

Sorry for my bad english.

dark_moon

Re: Can't connect to a website

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-03-24, 14:25

Welcome to the forum!

The site have a very, very bad SSL/ TLS security! See here: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze ... mibbit.com

You better dont try to open that site at any cost, like firefox or other browsers do because you decrease your security+privacy then.
Pale Moon protect you against such bad security settings.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-03-24, 16:22

Well i would of thought the message was self explanatory. :?
If we are to ignore these messages and INSIST on going to the site then i see no reason for any browser security. :crazy:

Its there to protect the user but if we ignore it then who is to blame...?

If an av detects a trojan in a downloaded file,do we ignore it..?

Things are there for a reason. :D
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2017-03-24, 20:07

This irc chanel is #firefox channel from Mozilla and it is secure..
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-03-24, 20:39

Maybe it is trustworthy for you, but not secure. See my link, or take a moment at this picture:
very_unsecure.png

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2017-03-24, 20:55

Yes that's a better word "trustworthy"..Anyway it is not such a big problem, I can login from other browser when I need.
There are other important things, like a bug wich is present also in both Fx and PM, but I will open another thread with this.
PM last/64

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2017-03-26, 18:25

Still, cannot make anything?I
I contacted the help team from "Mibbit" via #help channel an this is the answer:

alanonzander what these people seem to know about SSL is "nothing"
20:58 alanonzander Item 1: We don't collect any financial data (so no need for SSL)
20:58 alanonzander Item 2: We do not collect any personal data (so no need for SSL)
20:59 alanonzander Item 3: even an expires SSL Cert still handles encryption (Which ours is not, yet, expired)
alanonzander Item 4: We use an older cipher because it is needed for backwards compatability, AND our current cert has not expired.
lanonzander Our SSL ISN'T used for secureity, it is used for simple encryption between the client and our server.
alanonzander Then I would have to say that it is their issue, not ours then. When the cert gets renewed, it will auto-upgrade to a more mordern cert with less backward compatability.
PM last/64