Pale Moon Keeps Locking Up

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tarstarkusz

Pale Moon Keeps Locking Up

Unread post by tarstarkusz » 2017-02-21, 01:41

I did the latest upgrade Version: "27.1.0 (32-bit)" and now it is crashing constantly, many times a day. Is there going to be some fixes? Also, my dictionary doesn't work anymore and there doesn't appear to be any compatible dictionaries. My add-ons are
NoScript 2.9.0.14
Ad Block Plus 2.6.6.1 (says it causes stability issues, but I think it said that before the update).

Is this common? Is it just me? I really like Pale Moon and have been using it for well over a year and want to keep using it. The old version worked fine and was very stable.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Pale Moon Keeps Locking Up

Unread post by trava90 » 2017-02-21, 04:34

We will be releasing a point release (27.1.1) tomorrow which should fix some stability issues present in 27.1.0.
tarstarkusz wrote:Ad Block Plus 2.6.6.1 (says it causes stability issues, but I think it said that before the update).
It says it causes stability issues for a reason. Suggest you switch to using Ad-Block Latitude (a fork of ABP specifically made for Pale Moon).

tarstarkusz

Re: Pale Moon Keeps Locking Up

Unread post by tarstarkusz » 2017-02-21, 05:30

Ok. I disabled Ad Block Plus and installed Adblock Latitude 4.0.1
Looking forward to the update. Is there a dictionary that works? The old one worked fine before the update.

Thanks for your feedback. Hopefully disabling Adblock plus helps. I also have noscript 2.9.0.14 installed (nevermind, my OP wasn't visible when I was typing in the reply and wasn't sure if I mentioned it), but it doesn't say anything about problems. I'll be checking for the update tomorrow.

Thanks again.