Has anyone got PMPx86 v27+ working through AdvOR? [Troubleshooting, by process of elimination]

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
d3v14n7

Has anyone got PMPx86 v27+ working through AdvOR? [Troubleshooting, by process of elimination]

Unread post by d3v14n7 » 2016-12-14, 14:31

[I state "x86" as x64 versions cannot be intercepted by AdvOR]

Can anyone confirm for me, please?

Mine is broken, which seriously decreases my privacy options with regards protection from corporate spying: the true enemy; while "hackers" of individuals' machines are generally constructed phantoms... unless tasked as independents by the very same corporate control.

I hope this is a simply firewall/HIPS issue at my end and not a Moonzilla style security breakage in PM

dark_moon

Re: Has anyone got PMPx86 v27+ working through AdvOR? [Troubleshooting, by process of elimination]

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-12-15, 21:51

What did you mean with AdvOR ?
And why is is PM portable relevated?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Has anyone got PMPx86 v27+ working through AdvOR? [Troubleshooting, by process of elimination]

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-12-16, 07:58

The project page indicates that it works as a proxy solution (I guess similar to using privoxy+TOR) so i don't really see why it wouldn't work - just set the proxy in Pale Moon to point to the correct port?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

d3v14n7

Unread post by d3v14n7 » 2016-12-16, 19:30

I wrote a huge reply and PM crashed!

Sod it!

Look, sorry guys.
I extracted a fresh copy of AdvOR and it still works.

I've had chronic issues with all my machines of late and subseqently have discovered my ISP's supplied routers corrupt data!
nVIDIA's "7-Zip" extraction errors proved to be a revelation and blessing in disguise! - An archive won't normally stand any level of corruption due to the way it is operated upon throughout its entirety by the algorithms in use.
All my systems are corrupt! as are recently burned Linux Live discs, which I've been attempting to use to salvage my drives, my data and my sanity.
I've never before experienced such a thing, and now understand why the Linux base is obsessed with CRC files.
Before, if a download completed it was intact, if it didn't it wasn't and you downloaded it again.
That logic always worked for me on the web in the UK for 20 years.

ps. Specifying ports is not necessary in all cases in order to get AdvOR to work, but is an option if your own network setup needs a tailored override.