[Solved] Blocked cookies

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

[Solved] Blocked cookies

Unread post by billmcct » 2012-09-17, 18:06

Just got PM 15.1 portable loaded and rebuilt a new profile (wouldn't use the old one). Got all extensions loaded and options reset to work my way. All is great so far, memory usage looks good for now but I have all plugins disabled. I use a couple of cookie addons to make deleting and blocking sites easier and to protect cookies I want to keep from being deleted. Mostly auto login cookies to sites such as yahoo hotmail gmail various forums etc.

I have a question about blocked cookie sites: specifically, "Tools/options/privacy/exceptions" . I had somewhere around 300 sites blocked and I need to know if PM stores this file separately or if this info is stored in the cookies.sqlite file or whatever?

It would make my life a little easier if I could just copy a file from the old profile and get this list back.
Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks, Bill :thumbup:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Blocked cookies

Unread post by billmcct » 2012-09-18, 14:59

Ok guys, after some searching I found the exceptions are stored in the "permissions.sqlite" file. Moved the file to 15.1 and all is good.
Downloaded "SQliteDatabaseBrowserPortable" and am now able to edit the file and make it easier to add a few more exceptions.

BTW 15.1 is much faster then 12.3 was. Tested this comparing the two last night about 15 times. In loading 30 bookmarked tabs 15.1 takes less then 1 min. 12.3 takes over 2 min. Every time. In memory usage 15.1 would run at 315 to 330 MB with the 30 tabs open where as 12.3 would use 380 to 395 MB. In closing all the tabs 15.1 gave back the used memory much faster than 12.3. On shutdown of PM, 15.1 closed in a few seconds, where as 12.3 takes almost a min. This is on a system with only 512 MB install and 384 MB usable memory.
This made the over 4 hrs taken to rebuild a new profile and reinstall and configure all the extensions worth while.
Thanks for the excellent work.

I'm a Happy Camper, Bill :thumbup:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: [Solved] Blocked cookies

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-09-18, 17:29

Glad to hear you got it all sorted, and also good to know that pale Moon 15.1 performs exceptionally well on your very low resource system.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite