version 27 and amazon prime video

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
docgwen

version 27 and amazon prime video

Unread post by docgwen » 2016-11-23, 23:50

Amazon prime was working for me until I updated to Pale moon version 27

I'm running on win 7 but 32 bit. so it would be palemoon x86, but again amazon prime was working under earlier version I think I was running 25. Any help would be appreciated, I do not want to use chrome.

brassa

Re: version 27 and amazon prime video

Unread post by brassa » 2016-11-24, 00:50

Same here, 26 worked fine but 27 will not play Amazon or several other website's videos. OWA and certain webmail also show up as plain links instead of graphics.... :shock:

docgwen

Unread post by docgwen » 2016-11-24, 02:06

Thanks at least I know it isn't just me. I've begrudgingly installed firefox! Ugh! Also I'm going to see if I can find palemoon 26 and reinstall. I've managed to install the palemoon backup for the profiles, which I hope comes in handy. Although I must admit with a few tweaks I've got the latest firefox looking like the older version but with better graphics. I played an amazon video and it played in lower resolution in firefox! Wow did not expect that! I'll have to test this for the next week.

EDIT: I reverted to palemoon 26.5 and amazon prime is back! I am running 32 bit version and it is working. I had to go to the archive, which I'd like to say thank you to pale moon contributors and owners for keeping the archived versions! :clap:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-11-24, 12:32

Please try using Firefox compatibility mode for the useragent.
Options -> Advanced -> tab General
At the bottom (User agent mode)

If this helps, please let me know and I can bake in an override for amazon. (also let me know what host amazon prime plays from because I don't have amazon prime)
Considering how large Amazon is they probably won't listen to complaints about useragent discrimination...
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

docgwen

Unread post by docgwen » 2016-11-24, 23:29

I'll give it a try as soon as I read up about it all. I'm just a user of Palemoon and don't do a lot of fussing unless I have too, but I understood what you were saying. And yeah, I think you are right amazon will be deaf as they have a list of approved browsers. Thanks for putting me on the right track. I've never regretted jumping from firefox and the australis stuff to much appreciated PaleMoon. It has been a while and things have gone smoothly most of the time only one other hiccup that I noticed! That was when I was still on XP. LOL

EDIT: Reinstalled Palemoon 27 and turned on firefox compatiblity mode and it works great for all those with this same issue! Look under tools options and advanced tab.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-11-25, 00:30

docgwen wrote:Reinstalled Palemoon 27 and turned on firefox compatiblity mode and it works great for all those with this same issue! Look under tools options and advanced tab.
Great! can you also let me know what host Amazon Prime uses? (the part of the url that comes right after http:// )?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

brassa

Unread post by brassa » 2016-11-27, 05:45

I also reverted back to 26. Here is where my Amazon Prime streams from: a673avodsls3us-s.akamaihd.net

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-11-27, 11:27

The actual streaming host doesn't matter -- it's Amazon Prime's player that does the check, and it's on www.amazon.com directly; 27.0.1 will have an override in place to work around this doorman.
Note that you'll still need Silverlight for it because we don't (and won't) include any DRM in Pale Moon for HTML5 video.

brassa

Unread post by brassa » 2016-11-28, 00:33

Changing the agent to Firefox compatible did take care of all the video issues - Thanks! :thumbup:
Brassa