pale moon portable updated

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
122dragon122

pale moon portable updated

Unread post by 122dragon122 » 2016-07-30, 03:22

Hello

After the pale moon portable being updated I lost all the Bookmarks and history.

I still can find them on pale moon file

How can I restore the profile and Bookmarks from pale moon file

Regards

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: pale moon portable updated

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-07-30, 10:39

What version did you update from and what version did you update to? How did you update?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

imanuch

Unread post by imanuch » 2016-11-30, 16:00

Same here. I don't know what the last version is, but the current version is 27.0.1 (x86). Some websites are also rejecting the new version.

imanuch

Unread post by imanuch » 2016-11-30, 16:03

I use Pale Moon for virtually everything and cannot afford to lose all of my bookmarks. Can they be recovered? If not I must say goodbye to Pale Moon as this has never happened with any other browser I've used. Please help. Thank you.

CraigPD
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by CraigPD » 2016-11-30, 17:46

Two places to look for (automated) bookmark backups in your default profile, assuming you updated from 26.x > 27.x to the same location. If not, search for similarly named folders / files and restore from Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import and Backup > Restore > Choose File...
Bookmark Backup Location (1)
Bookmark Backup Location (1)
Bookmark Backup Location (2)
Bookmark Backup Location (2)