Customize Toolbar --> Add New Toolbar

For discussions specific to the Portable version of the browser.

Moderator: satrow

jcw814

Customize Toolbar --> Add New Toolbar

Unread post by jcw814 » 2016-02-25, 23:54

Using Pale Moon Portable 25.5.0 on WXP/SP3, 32-bit.
No theme installed for Pale Moon.
Only 3 extensions are 3 simple toolbar buttons from: https://codefisher.org
I tried to make a new toolbar by clicking on the "Add New Toolbar" button at the bottom of Pale Moon's "Customize Toolbar" window.
When prompted for the name of the new toolbar, I entered "Options" and then clicked on "OK."
But I saw nothing occur and saw no indication of a new toolbar anywhere.
I repeated the process, this 2nd time entering the name of "Options2" for the new toolbar, but again I saw nothing occur.
I can find no indication of either of the two new toolbars that I thought I made (and I assumed I could delete if unsatisfactory).
What am I missing? TIA. /jcw

Thehandyman1957

Re: Customize Toolbar --> Add New Toolbar

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-02-26, 04:03

How very strange. I am using 25.8.1 32bit Atom/XP and it does the same thing. I did notice that after naming the new tool bar and before closing the customize box that it does indeed show up and also shows my Bookmark bar which I don't use. If I right click on the empty bar it shows a check mark for the name of my new tool bar but when I close the customize box it simply disappears. And when I go to view and toolbars it does not show any entry for the new toolbar. So it will create the toolbar but after closing the customize box it simply erases it. :think:

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-02-26, 06:57

Please try first the latest Pale Moon for XP version, which is 26.1.1!

http://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-atom.shtml

llomm

Unread post by llomm » 2016-02-26, 09:28

jcw814

When you create a new toolbar put on it any button or extention icon being in customize mode and then toolbar did not disappear.

jcw814

Unread post by jcw814 » 2016-02-26, 18:10

Reading together the replies from handyman and llomm, I see what I missed was that right after making the new toolbar but before closing the "Customize Toolbar" window, I needed to drag an icon button to the newly created toolbar space. That works.
Thank you. /jcw