Pale Moon 28.5.0 Portable 64 bit: Sync won't work

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
KNTRO

Pale Moon 28.5.0 Portable 64 bit: Sync won't work

Unread post by KNTRO » 2019-05-02, 04:24

Hello all,

I have this issue with Pale Moon 28.5.0 Portable, 64 bit: Sync is not working. I have searched in this forum but have not find any recent issue about it.

The scenario
  • Installed Pale Moon on PC: Pale Moon 28.5.0, 64 bit
  • Installed Pale Moon on pendrive: Pale Moon 28.5.0 Portable, 64 bit
I run my PC's Pale Moon and then I run the Pale Moon from the pendrive. I tell Pale Moon Portable I have an account, I click the Sync Options button and select Replace all data in this device with my Sync data (this is a fresh install, by the way). I confirm that the few bookmarks will be erasen, and I enter the code in my PC's Pale Moon in order to pair a device. The PC's Pale Moon says the new device will sync soon. But when I go back to the pendrive's Pale Moon, I got this window with the next text:
Sync encountered an error while syncing: Unknown error. Sync will automatically retry this action. And it doesn't matter who many times I manually retry the Sync Now button —it simply won't sync.

However in Pale Moon Portable's Preferences > Sync window it does shows the email associated to my Pale Moon Sync account.

Am I doing something wrong? :wtf:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon 28.5.0 Portable 64 bit: Sync won't work

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-02, 05:15

I suggest you try resetting sync (under "Manage Account" in Preferences) and tell it to -overwrite- (not merge) sync data.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2019-06-13, 01:48

I did what you said but this doesn't even work in Pale Moon for GNU/Linux. :?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-13, 13:26

KNTRO wrote:
2019-06-13, 01:48
I did what you said but this doesn't even work in Pale Moon for GNU/Linux. :?
I don't know what to say. it works for everyone else.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite