Tab Audio Indicators

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Weishaupt

Re: Tab Audio Indicators

Unread post by Weishaupt » 2016-11-01, 12:09

Expose Noisy Tabs -- it's happening! :thumbup:

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-11-02, 22:51

Well, currently it's not quite reliable and misses many media elements, not to mention Flash. It's nothing compared with Firefox's solution. At least I tried. :)

But, I do have a question for PM's team. Is there any particular reason why media.useAudioChannelService is not included in preferences by default? Does it come with some stability issues? I've found there is a media-playback message which could be used in an observer to capture any source of sound coming from a DOM document. But it works only if the preference mentioned before is set to true. Here is even a test for this.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-11-04, 10:47

wost_ wrote:Is there any particular reason why media.useAudioChannelService is not included in preferences by default?
It's a hidden pref in v27. I don't think we have the audio channel service platform code in our current release versions, I'd have to check.

EDIT: no, it's there in v26 also.
As for stability issues; I wouldn't think so -- it's something that's been enabled on mobile for a long time.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2016-11-04, 12:55

Apparently this preference causes pausing media playback for all tabs in a window except for selected tab (Bugzilla).
So, it's not a viable solution without applying patches to make this usable on desktop. Sorry for bothering.

vlad1777d

Unread post by vlad1777d » 2016-11-23, 10:34

Strange, In my Pale Moon it's absent =)
https://pp.vk.me/c837524/v837524447/b72 ... Sok6dw.jpg
Youtube works on html5 because I have not installed flash player at all.

System: Debian x64 unstable
Pale Moon: 26.5.0 (x64)

weamish

Unread post by weamish » 2016-12-27, 04:14

LimboSlam wrote:this is already accessible in about:config, and it's called media.autoplay.enabled. No need for extra functionality when media.autoplay.enabled (toggle to false to take effect) hits two birds with one stone, right.
Dunno the technical reasons, but this setting does not disable all autoplay.

Argonianaccount

Unread post by Argonianaccount » 2017-02-09, 17:16

Hi i'm new to the forums but not entirely new to the browser. I would also like this feature added . I used opera for years and was overjoyed when it arrived.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-02-09, 21:17

Argonianaccount wrote:Hi i'm new to the forums but not entirely new to the browser. I would also like this feature added . I used opera for years and was overjoyed when it arrived.

See here: https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... oisy-tabs/. Just note, it doesn't work with some complete themes, which you can find them here: https://addons.palemoon.org/themes/.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Argonianaccount

Unread post by Argonianaccount » 2017-03-13, 17:50

LimboSlam wrote:
Argonianaccount wrote:Hi i'm new to the forums but not entirely new to the browser. I would also like this feature added . I used opera for years and was overjoyed when it arrived.

See here: https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... oisy-tabs/. Just note, it doesn't work with some complete themes, which you can find them here: https://addons.palemoon.org/themes/.
thanks I knew about this extension , I do wish it was just a built in feature perhaps some day and what an awesome security essentials icon you have picked for your forum profile!

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-03-13, 18:41

LimboSlam wrote:

If there's any specific theme at issue here, do let me know and I can take a look. I can't fix bugs if they're not reported, after all. ;)

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-03-13, 19:44

Lootyhoof wrote:If there's any specific theme at issue here, do let me know and I can take a look. I can't fix bugs if they're not reported, after all. ;)

Yes, there is. I haven't been able to contact you or wost_ because I've been quite busy myself. So when I do have the time, I'll contact you in the appropriate thread.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

wildchild

Unread post by wildchild » 2017-04-06, 16:46

I have noticed Firefox 51.0.1 does have Tab Audio Indicators and I would also like to see this feature in Pale Moon. I often haven 40 or more tabs open and its very difficult to figure out which tab audio comes from after a restart.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-04-06, 18:59

This is implemented as an add-on for the default theme of Pale Moon. Now, unless you're using specific theme and are having problems, then you should report it.