Pale Moon persona not found

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
superA

Pale Moon persona not found

Unread post by superA » 2015-05-16, 17:17

Maybe its old news,so sorry for my ignorance.
I was searching in AMO's themes (personas) and I couldn't find the classic pale moon persona,for some reason its gone.
Of course its available in the firstrun page (http://www.palemoon.org/firstrun.shtml),but other than making a new profile or install PM for a first time I cant think of any other way to get it.

Its a matter of personal taste for sure,but I dont think its a bad idea to be hosted in PM's addon site.
Thanks.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Pale Moon persona not found

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-05-16, 20:37

The problem is that only those with new profiles will be able to see the live preview of personas on the add-ons site but could install them regardless.. This a security measure and the reason I have not deployed personas on the Add-ons site is for this reason. To get this to work in an established profile it will require changes to the Pale Moon source code or the user to specifically whitelist addons.palemoon.org. So I have been holding off until we can have a fully working solution.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-05-16, 22:47

The Pale Moon personas were removed from AMO because they were old and low quality.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ThomasOMalley77

Unread post by ThomasOMalley77 » 2015-11-11, 13:44

First of all... thanks for a great browser!!! I've been using it for several years now, and I've been a long time lurker on this board.

Is there any way that you can post the personas mentioned above in this thread??? I really miss the light blue background, and I've lost the installation file.

Thanks!!!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-11-24, 20:53

http://www.palemoon.org/persona

I'll make a proper page explaining what it is etc. later, but you will have the "ancient" version and the one I updated just the other day with the current logo. You can click on either image to install the personas.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2015-11-24, 21:10

Moonchild wrote:(...) and the one I updated just the other day with the current logo.
Very nice, thanks!

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-11-27, 01:36

I am using the Fox 2 the Moon theme. When I hover over the old Pale Moon personas via the link above, it appears that both F2TM and the PM persona can be used simultaneously. But when I go ahead and download the persona and restart PM, F2TM "goes away" and only the persona shows. Is there a way to hack it so I can keep F2TM's icons while using the persona?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-11-27, 03:35

You have something like Persona Switcher. You have to understand that Personas is one big hack anyway.. It is not how the skinning engine was designed to work. Persona Switcher is a hack on a hack.

We do have plans to resolve this at some point in the browser with a proper way of doing personas with any theme independently of each other.. But that is on the "would be nice to have enhancement" list. It does involve some tricky toolkit code and modification of the Add-ons Manager but it is in the back of our minds as a project to do at some point.

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2015-11-28, 22:13

I have installed the new Pale Moon persona, but for some reason my Status bar keeps turning blue, instead of the bluish gray color of the persona's footer. Any suggestions on how I could fix this?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-11-28, 23:33

Try selecting the default theme in the add-on manager, then re-select the installed Pale Moon persona.

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2015-11-29, 00:41

I have tried that, but it only temporarily resolves the issue. As soon as I restart Pale Moon, the issue returns.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-11-29, 00:49

Don't know what to say.. it works fine here (I've been using it for several days with many restarts)...

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2015-11-29, 01:27

I don't understand, either. I guess I'll just have to do some more troubleshooting; maybe one of the other add-ons I use is causing the issue.

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2015-11-29, 20:39

It turns out that uBlock Origin is the culprit, but I have no idea why.. Has anyone else experienced issues using uBlock Origin in combination with a lightweight theme? Is there an easy fix?

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2015-11-30, 15:40

Antonius32 wrote:I have installed the new Pale Moon persona, but for some reason my Status bar keeps turning blue, instead of the bluish gray color of the persona's footer.
The problem seems to have resolved itself, somehow. I still don't know what caused it in the first place, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

ThomasOMalley77

Unread post by ThomasOMalley77 » 2016-08-31, 10:35

Just rechecked this thread... thanks a lot for the classic personas. They're awesome and simple, as I like it.