Feature Request: Backup Saved Passwords

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
osaeed

Feature Request: Backup Saved Passwords

Unread post by osaeed » 2012-03-29, 22:02

Can you create an option to backup saved passwords in palemoon and have it output to a single file which then you can import it back into the browser after a format or browser reinstall?

Speaking of this and not having to make another thread, how come mozbackup will not detect palemoon's profile? I thought it was based on firefox code, so my indication was, it should detect the profile and allow me to backup all my stuff.

Thank you.

EDIT: Sorry, I had to find the profile manually in mozbackup and it successfully found my profile and its information. I guess the above feature doesn't need to be implemented.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Feature Request: Backup Saved Passwords

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-03-29, 22:23

osaeed wrote:how come mozbackup will not detect palemoon's profile?
Mozbackup will only look in Mozilla Firefox's default profile location, which is different from the location used by Pale Moon
(%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox vs. %APPDATA\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon)

But yes, indeed, if you tell Mozbackup where to find the profile, it will work just fine.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

osaeed

Re: Feature Request: Backup Saved Passwords

Unread post by osaeed » 2012-03-29, 22:30

Moonchild wrote:
osaeed wrote:how come mozbackup will not detect palemoon's profile?
Mozbackup will only look in Mozilla Firefox's default profile location, which is different from the location used by Pale Moon
(%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox vs. %APPDATA\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon)
Aha, that's why. Makes perfect sense. Thank you all for this amazing application and all of your dedicated work put towards it!

Have a great weekend!