Suggestion - Keep it simple

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
wpites

Suggestion - Keep it simple

Unread post by wpites » 2012-02-15, 03:52

First: To the developers - Thank you. Pale Moon is one of the best browser I have ever used.

Second, my request is not for another feature or upgrade. Rather, my request is that the developers add as few features and upgrades as is possible. In brief, if a feature or improvement is not absolutely critical, please do not add it.

Pale Moon is a gem to use right now. It is fast, it is clean, it appears resistant to pop-ups, ad-bots and the like. It may also have fewer security issues than other browsers. I would be delighted if Pale Moon kept these strengths. My experience suggests that these strengths will gradually disappear as the number of "improvements" increase. Hence my suggestion, above.

So again, thanks to the developers. Pale Moon is a pleasure to use.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Suggestion - Keep it simple

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-02-15, 08:32

Thanks for your feedback, and yes, Pale Moon will aim to remain what it is: a browser. Not try to become some Swiss army knife.
The upcoming v11 will see a few more things stripped that will be included in Firefox 11 because they are not necessary and certainly do not belong in the core.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

sdrocking

Unread post by sdrocking » 2012-02-15, 17:12

I totally disagree. New features like inline auto-complete and the New Tab page are added to make the browsing experience easier and more enjoyable. Hope you realize this.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-02-15, 17:58

sdrocking wrote:I totally disagree. New features like inline auto-complete and the New Tab page are added to make the browsing experience easier and more enjoyable. Hope you realize this.
Those will be included, I am really not sure about the New Tab page, which I do not find a need for.(I might end up using it, someday)The features are light-weight, unlike some of the new ones that will not be missed.
You have to wait for Moonchild to quote you, though.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2012-02-15, 18:25

My experience with New Tab pages suggests that many users will find them nothing more than a distraction from the job in hand.

Inline auto-complete, I can take or leave that feature (it adds another distraction). It can cause problems in multi-user systems too.

The fewer 'frills' there are, the less work involved in keeping it updated and secure, the faster it responds, it downloads quicker prior to install ...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-02-15, 23:33

sdrocking wrote:I totally disagree. New features like inline auto-complete and the New Tab page are added to make the browsing experience easier and more enjoyable. Hope you realize this.
I'll strike you a deal: The moment you think the gadgets you seem to love become a necessity for your browsing, you switch to Mozilla Firefox and stop trying to have your way in Pale Moon by doing nothing but suggesting things that, in my opinion and the opinion of most Pale Moon users, are wholly unnecessary to be included in the browser core and go straight against the goals of this browser. :twisted:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-02-16, 05:38

Hey dude! I think that maybe you want your own personal browser instead. I haven't see here a lot since my work is in other areas, but all the times I see you in a forum you are asking us for copy some feature from FireFox or "bring back X thing to Palemoon".

As I said in a review: "We were fed up of the mistakes from FireFox and wanted to fix that with Palemoon" = We are not FireFox, deal with it, good or bad is our way of how Firefox should be - mistakes included. Nobody forces you for use this program after all. ;)

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2012-02-16, 06:35

Hey Moonchild,

I just resurrected my tweaked up Presario 325 with DX2/66, 20MB RAM and 500MB HDD, it really flies on NT4, can you make me a new browser please? I heard all the modern viruses don't attack this old OS anymore, I had to hear it because I can't actually see half the sites on the Internet now.

Do you know how I can add a network card AND a sound card to the single ISA slot too, also, can you recommend a good skin cream, my face starts peeling after about 15 minutes in front of this old CRT.

Yours,

Rip van Winkle.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-02-16, 11:33

cymroly wrote:I just resurrected my tweaked up Presario 325 with DX2/66, 20MB RAM and 500MB HDD, it really flies on NT4, can you make me a new browser please? I heard all the modern viruses don't attack this old OS anymore, I had to hear it because I can't actually see half the sites on the Internet now.

Do you know how I can add a network card AND a sound card to the single ISA slot too, also, can you recommend a good skin cream, my face starts peeling after about 15 minutes in front of this old CRT.
http://answers.yahoo.com/ :lol: :relaxed:

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-02-16, 22:20

Hey Moon!

I have working GameBoy Advance SD as well, can you made a Palemoon broswer version for me so I can play games and surf on the net with my modded RAM cart? XD